v18 [Bug] Audio gap when resuming a paused video Kodi 17 and 18
Exclamation 
Hi, I think this problem has been around since Jarvis, When you resume a paused video there is a noticeable and annoying 1-2 seconds gap of audio, this issue is not platform specific it happens on all devices that I have inluding Windows, android, iOS , Mac, Linux, all have same issue, I'm sure other people have the same problem too no one has truly addressed it before, since the video player of Krypton has been built from ground up, I thought I should adress this issue hopped to be fixed in 17.1, I already tried this addon called unpause jumpback, but its not working, however if the developers try to fix this issue for us it would be truly appreciated, thanks for your hard work.

Update
This issue is in latest version of kodi leia 18.1
(2017-02-25, 14:35)DolGuldur Wrote: since the video player of Krypton has been built from ground up

who said that? that's not true, VP is transformed step by step, this is much slower than a rewrite from scratch

the main reason for the loss of audio is the large buffers of the drivers. audio drivers are flushed and already submitted audio packets get lost. without doing this you would hear still audio after you have pressed pause. on many systems audio drivers can't even be paused.

another reason for losing audio is that we deal with an audio engine. you can pause a video, then navigate the ui with having menu sounds.

I don't say that it is not feasible but it's not trivial at all.
(2017-02-25, 16:51)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 14:35)DolGuldur Wrote: since the video player of Krypton has been built from ground up

who said that? that's not true, VP is transformed step by step, this is much slower than a rewrite from scratch

the main reason for the loss of audio is the large buffers of the drivers. audio drivers are flushed and already submitted audio packets get lost. without doing this you would hear still audio after you have pressed pause. on many systems audio drivers can't even be paused.

another reason for losing audio is that we deal with an audio engine. you can pause a video, then navigate the ui with having menu sounds.

I don't say that it is not feasible but it's not trivial at all.

It has been mentioned a while back in kodi krypton change log,
So you're saying this is impossible to fix? If I remember correctly this issue wasn't available in kodi 15
If this issue was not present in 15, 15 suffered from the other issue I mentioned above.

No, I am not saying this is impossible. I am saying it is not trivial.
Any resolution or workarounds to this? I don't mind a replay button workaround (addon or some other configuration) too. I constantly have to fiddle with the rewind button to catch up on missed audio after a pause/resume.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me to a replay button mapping configuration with instructions on ATV4/MacOS/iOS. I am new to advanced Kodi config.

Thank you
Install unpause jumpback addon from our repo maybe?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-03-20, 18:03)Memphiz Wrote: Install unpause jumpback addon from our repo maybe?

Let me try it.

Thank you
Addon works very well on my iphone. Will try it on my macbook and ATV4 after work.

Thank you
Works fine on the other devices too. The setting is a bit difficult to adjust on IOS. I have set it to approx 1.6 seconds jump on the devices except on ATV4 where i could only adjust in steps of 1 second. I set it to 2 seconds on the ATV4.

Now on the ATV4, hitting pause will show the buffering indication. Not sure how to increase size of buffer on ATV4 (or on other devices, for that matter) to hold a bit more of the played video buffer (for replay or rewinding back slightly). Otherwise going back even slightly (10 seconds) wipes out the entire collected buffer and starts to create the buffer again.

Thank you
Is there a chance this issue gets really fixed in the later buildd?
Just tried unpause jumpback, but somehow after a pause the audio en video are out of sync with live tv.

Hope it will get fixed in a future kodi release so the audio immediately starts when i press play again.
this problem is still not addressed in the latest build of kodi 18, I don't know why no one cares about this. I'm starting to lose interest in kodi.
This issue is in latest version of kodi leia 18.1
this issue remains in the latest Kodi 18 64-bit RC and nightly builds for the last month (at least). 

When pausing and then restarting playback, the video frame rate is choppy. The only way to resolve the issue is to jump backwards X seconds. The issue is then resolved. 

Any ideas how to help resolve this?
exactly , latest build still problem exists, I tried everything including unpausejumpback addon with no luck, btw jarvis didn't have this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Bug] Audio gap when resuming a paused video Kodi 17 and 180