Movie metadata showing SD badge only
Hi Guys,

New to LibreElec, after migrating from OpenElec.

I have just one issue I would like help on please.

Running the latest version on a Raspberry Pi3, the movie metadata badges, such as H264, 1080p, aspect etc are not showing under the movie in my library, only 'SD' and the movie rating. HOWEVER, when I play the movie and stop it again, all correct metadata badges are correctly shown.

I have cleared my library and rescanned, I have also tried different skins.

Ive posted this on the LibreElec forums but responses suggest this is a Kodi issue?

Any ideas chaps?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2351661
Kodi has no stream metadata with which to show flags unless you a) include stream metadata in an nfo file which you then scan into your library or b) play the file once which allows Kodi to extract the stream metadata from the video file. If you want Kodi to show flags for every file you should create nfo files - most third party media managers (Ember etc.) can do this for you.

This is standard Kodi behaviour and nothing unusual about LibreELEC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for your help, ut I dont quite understand, my previous library showed just fine though and continued to show media flags on any new movies which were then added.

If I choose to export thumbnails etc will that create NFO too or will I need to use Ember Media Manager?
Exporting your library will create nfo files, yes, but I assume Kodi will only export stream metadata for those files where stream metadata is already available in the media library so you're unlikely to be in any better position than you are now. Ember will extract the stream metadata from all of your files and create suitable nfo files.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-02-25, 21:17)Milhouse Wrote: Exporting your library will create nfo files, yes, but I assume Kodi will only export stream metadata for those files where stream metadata is already available in the media library so you're unlikely to be in any better position than you are now. Ember will extract the stream metadata from all of your files and create suitable nfo files.

Thank you, Ember it is then Smile
Kodi doesn't parse video files when scanning the library.
It will do this on playback, or when browsing the directory in file view
(make sure you have "extract video information from files" enabled in settings/media/videos)
(2017-02-25, 22:29)popcornmix Wrote: (make sure you have "extract video information from files" enabled in settings/media/videos)

This fixed it almost immediately thanks, its updating in realtime now through my library as I'm browsing Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie metadata showing SD badge only0