Many errors from DecodeJpeg
My main usecase of Kodi is to view my jpeg pictures. It works, but is slow in creating thumbnails. But finally all thumbnais are created and shown, despite the original jpeg size is quite big being 6000x400 pixels. But I encounter spurious error message (already reported in 2018 as causing crashes of Kodi 18 RC4). One sample is here (hopefully - my first try) logfile

Can I ignore this message? Is this message related with the very slow thumbnail creation?

I'm running Kodi (18.7 Git:20200612-e2aefdbee4). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit on a raspberry pi 3.

Addon question: Does Kodi try to extract thumbnails being embedded within the original jpeg or does it render its own thumbs?
(2020-11-24, 10:41)olwaldi Wrote: One sample is here (hopefully - my first try) logfile

A log of 5 lines is not a proper log file.
Enable debugging, and then provide the full, uncut log file via a pastebin service.
(2020-11-24, 12:49)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-11-24, 10:41)olwaldi Wrote: One sample is here (hopefully - my first try) logfile

A log of 5 lines is not a proper log file.
Enable debugging, and then provide the full, uncut log file via a pastebin service.

I've enabled logging and viewed one of my jpeg files - see the full log here
It was rendered as expected, but with error messages within log. If necessary I'll upload a sample jpeg, please recommend a channel to exchange such big files (~10MB). Maybe using generic test pictures from dpreview.com might resolve that (I can provide a link - my camera is a ten year old Sony alpha 77).
(2020-11-24, 10:41)olwaldi Wrote: Addon question: Does Kodi try to extract thumbnails being embedded within the original jpeg or does it render its own thumbs?
I'm guessing that Kodi creates its own thumbnails, as not every photo has embedded thumbnails.
But I haven't followed the development in the photo department in Kodi that closely.

(2020-11-25, 09:01)olwaldi Wrote: It was rendered as expected, but with error messages within log.

So the photos were displayed correctly on your TV/monitor?
You could create a ticket with full details in Kodi's Github Bug Tracker, but for now, if there are no "show stoppers" while decoding/displaying your photos, I wouldn't take it that seriously. For example, countless videos are being viewed with Kodi while errors are generated in the log, and most people wouldn't notice them. Should the issue become bigger, then we also have your bug ticket to work with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Many errors from DecodeJpeg0