v17 4K H265 stutter in Kodi 17 but not in Kodi 16
Have tried playing som 4K H265 HDR files in Kodi 16 and they work fine in my Sony XD9305 with Marshmallow. Tried same files in Kodi 17 and even 17.1 RC and they stutter regularly. The same files are played perfectly in the built-in video app. Someone that can explain that?
Maybe... if you post a debug log then someone might have a clue...
The problem is continuing in the latest 20170411 build. Here is the log file.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24376584/
Wow, that must look terrible during playback.

Is it just certain frame rates that play that way?

Pullup correction is thrown off for some reason. You might have a video with improper frame rate/poorly encoded video file?
I really do not know, but the same files play fine in Kodi 16 which is strange. Other normal full HD mkvs play fine though in Kodi 17
I gave up on Krypton for now and went back to Jarvis. Live TV takes forever to open and some don't open at all and if they do open they lock up for a few seconds then play OK.

No problem on Jarvis.
(2017-04-14, 08:25)fatalus Wrote: I really do not know, but the same files play fine in Kodi 16 which is strange. Other normal full HD mkvs play fine though in Kodi 17

I have the same issue on Windows 10 but with any resolution of files, tends to be worse with HEVC encodes though. I'm testing Krypton in portable mode until I find a fix and can replace my Jarvis Install.

debug log
https://pastebin.com/SvZZY6gE
why don't you see the video to know the difference between kodi 17 and 16, here is the link @Karellen- Link Removed
@LiveJeans,

I am sure you were only trying to be helpful, but please become familiar with our Forum Rules. Do not post anything related to Banned Add-ons.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K H265 stutter in Kodi 17 but not in Kodi 160