Kodi install problems
I have been running 16.1 Jarvis and I decied to upgrade to 17.1. Install did what it does with no errors shown but when kodi is opened found that it gone back to 14.2 Helix. Have run the 17.1 install a few times with no change. Decided to try installing 16.1 to go back to as I was but still only 14.2 showing in System info.I have uninstalled Kodi via Contol Panal and tried the 16.1 exe again but all it does is install 14.2.
Can any one help with this please.
Hi mmrb

Sounds very strange .after you uninstaled kodi did you checked in program files that the kodi directory is gone.so that there are no left overs from previouse installs.

I have a couple of question .
1 what os are you using
2 did you install in the past version 14,2 on this pc

Scorpi
Hi Scorpi, thanks for the reply,
Originally had 14.2 on the pc (win7) and upgraded to 16.1
When I uninstalled Kodi I just used the Uninstall Programme with in windows and this prompted the Kodi Uninstall software.
Not sure where Kodi would reside in the programme files so would need pointing in the right direction please.
Hi

Don't know if it wil work or if it has somthing to do whit your problem ,but i would start to uninstall the the kodi just how you did and how it should be normal done, after that go to explorer and find the program files directory or if you use 64 bit program files (86) directory and searche for the kodi directory if it exist if it is delete it and try to install the latest version after a reboot of your pc .

hope it helps if not we have to try somthing els what that will be i do not know jet . so i hope this will work.

Good luck i go to bed now it is late for me .good night.

Scorpi
Scorpi, as you suggested there was an other Kodi programme sat here, 64 bit program files (86) directory, after deleting this I again loaded 16.1 and all is good, BUT if I load 17.1 I get this;

"Programme cant start because api-mswin-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. Try reinstalling....."

I agian deleted Kodi and checked the 64 bit program files (86) directory and no kodi there this time, then installed 16.1 and all good again.
Any ideas as to why 17.1 is giving this error ("Programme cant start because api-mswin-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing. Try reinstalling.....") and why initially when installing 17.1 reverted me back to 14.2
Thanks for your help so far, at least I have 16.1 running OK.
Hi

All i can find about the api-ms win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error is that Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio is not installed corectly.

try to check for updates of windows7 try to update it .check what happends then or try to find your language here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=48145 and download and install .but i don't know if it helps never had this problem. ( don't blame me if it ends bad).

Why it reverted you to 14.2 i have no clue .but i am happy to hear you got 16.1 working again.

Keep me informed.
Good luck

Scorpi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi install problems0