Seek jumps forwards an extra 10 seconds
I have just upgraded to Kodi 17.0 (LibreElec 8.0.0) and all looks good (Although I am not sure I like the new layout)

But I have a problem with 'seek'.. When i press seek once, it immediatly jumps 10 seconds as you would expect, but then another 10.. So the minimum you can seek forwards is 20 seconds.

When seeking Backwards, its find as it only jumps 10 seconds...

Has anyone else see then? Is there a solution?

Jon
Double tap, triple tap, quadruple tap Wink

http://kodi.wiki/view/skip_steps
(2017-02-26, 18:10)ActionA Wrote: Double tap, triple tap, quadruple tap Wink

http://kodi.wiki/view/skip_steps

I know that feature.. but this is a single tap.. when i press seek ONCE, it jumps 10s on the clock and then another 10 before the movie resumes..

If i press two times, so it seeks +30s, again it does another 10s jump before resuming..

I am sure this didnt happen before.
Can you explain exactly what remote you are using? Which button specifically are you calling the seek button? `>>` or `>>|'? Or something else? This may be a question more specific to LibreElec and the keymaps included and whether or not there were any changes to them that came with the Krypton update, because in OSMC (my most familiar point of reference) this behavior has been present on remotes with d-pad since v15 Isengard.
I am using a Harmony and a FliRC IR reciever.

This just emulates a USB keyboard and presses the for seek forward (Right Cursor Key).. I dont think this is the case as i have had the same setup working for years.
I just wanted to rule this out so i plugged in a USB keyboard and used the left/right cursor keys to seek and its exactly the same.

Left skips 10s back. Right 10s forwards but as playback resumes it skips another 10s too.

I should point out, i am streaming from a NAS. I guess the next thing i need to try is a local vido file.

Edit. I tried with a music file played from the same NAS and do not get this with MP3s
Quote:When i press seek once, it immediatly jumps 10 seconds as you would expect, but then another 10.. So the minimum you can seek forwards is 20 seconds.

If this is the issue you want to resolve, sounds like you should ask LibreElec how you limit repeat keypresses in a FliRC setup.
I dont think its a repeat keypress.. if it was sending 2 it would jump 30 seconds and show "Seek +30" at the bottom.

I am only sending 1 press and the message shows "seek +10" and the clock jumps 10 seconds.. but just as it starts to replay the clock jumps again.. and it appears its not quite 10 seconds.. more like 6-8
Your debug log would show how many key presses it received.
Ok.. i will get the log.. but it cant be extra keypresses...

If you press seek twice it would go from "seek +10" to "seek +30".

I only see seek +10
(2017-02-26, 22:05)jweaver Wrote: Ok.. i will get the log.. but it cant be extra keypresses...

If you press seek twice it would go from "seek +10" to "seek +30".

I only see seek +10

That's all fine. The debug log will help isolate the problem to Kodi or to the hardware. One less thing to guess about.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seek jumps forwards an extra 10 seconds0