Added nfo, TV Series in Video's NOT TV Series
I realize I'm making a pest of myself, and I apologize, but I've been pulling my hair out getting all my TV Series in the dB.

I - via a suggestion - added an nfo to the folder created by TMM. I reloaded the program and let it scan all the data/ movies folder/series folder/music drive and when I go INTO TV Series Flash Gordon (1936) is not there, but if I go into videos | Video Sources | TV Series IT'S THERE - WHY isn't in the the TV Series, or do I have to always use videos/sources/TV Series.

I'm lost.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Well for starters, no apology is needed, we all have been pests at times and starting off is more of a pain for you (confession: that those of us who take delight in pretending that we're smart just because we have a little more familiarity with the softwareSmile

The button called 'videos' should really be called 'file mode', and it will access all your files regardless. So naturally anything you throw in sources will be there and the player "thank you devs", will play them. In your case, it's likely that most have yet to be scraped into your library.

I don't know what TMM stands for... The Movie Madness? anyway, as a new user stick exclusively with Kodi for everything. Stay away from programs that pretend to be simple, do a better job etc... some do offer advantages, but it's not for the novice without knowledgeable guidance, run bareback. The biggest issue by a far margin is nomenclature or the proper naming of your files (date) which is very important with multiple movies having the same name.

Let's take 'Flash Gordon (1936)' as an example...(without the quotes, and yes quotes screw up the scraper along with dots, hyphen, and weird chr$ ) using the 'video' button locate the source (hopefully you have set a scraper for the source like the universal scarper) for the folder 'Flash Gordon (1936)' (it's wise to have your movies in a folder of the same name) and hit information ("i" on the keyboard) or scan for new content. You should see something onscreen (perhaps a choice) and follow along; at this point you would have this listing in your library. Exit, and go back to the main home page, a simple search should confirm you have indeed added this to your library (if it doesn't show then it's not in your library and make another post). This would be tiresome if you had to do all of your videos this way; so let's go back to the easy way. Enter the file mode (video button) and locate your source folder, and using the context menu change content, change scrapers 'save', on exit you will be presented with a requester to scan 'all' ... This should start to scrape in all your movies. If all this is a bit confusing, I'll point at the links in my signature along with Video library (wiki) and Video management (wiki)
(2017-02-26, 20:10)PatK Wrote: Well for starters, no apology is needed, we all have been pests at times and starting off is more of a pain for you (confession: that those of us who take delight in pretending that we're smart just because we have a little more familiarity with the softwareSmile

Thanks!

(2017-02-26, 20:10)PatK Wrote: The button called 'videos' should really be called 'file mode', and it will access all your files regardless. So naturally anything you throw in sources will be there and the player "thank you devs", will play them. In your case, it's likely that most have yet to be scraped into your library.

I don't know what TMM stands for... The Movie Madness? anyway, as a new user stick exclusively with Kodi for everything. Stay away from programs that pretend to be simple, do a better job etc... some do offer advantages, but it's not for the novice without knowledgeable guidance, run bareback. The biggest issue by a far margin is nomenclature or the proper naming of your files (date) which is very important with multiple movies having the same name.[/quot]

Tiny Media Manager - in short, scans IMDB etc., and creates nfo's.

[quote='PatK' pid='2536530' dateline='1488132627']Let's take 'Flash Gordon (1936)' as an example...(without the quotes, and yes quotes screw up the scraper along with dots, hyphen, and weird chr$ ) using the 'video' button locate the source (hopefully you have set a scraper for the source like the universal scarper) for the folder 'Flash Gordon (1936)' (it's wise to have your movies in a folder of the same name) and hit information ("i" on the keyboard) or scan for new content. You should see something onscreen (perhaps a choice) and follow along; at this point you would have this listing in your library. Exit, and go back to the main home page, a simple search should confirm you have indeed added this to your library (if it doesn't show then it's not in your library and make another post). This would be tiresome if you had to do all of your videos this way; so let's go back to the easy way. Enter the file mode (video button) and locate your source folder, and using the context menu change content, change scrapers 'save', on exit you will be presented with a requester to scan 'all' ... This should start to scrape in all your movies. If all this is a bit confusing, I'll point at the links in my signature along with Video library (wiki) and Video management (wiki)

Returned to the stock skin - FIRST THING and will stay with it.

Videos | Categories | Files | Series and it opens to the poster view I have (Shift I think it's called) - which looks the same as getting to it from the Main Menu|TV Shows. Found Flash Gordon (1936), "C, then scan for new content, and it added nothing. Came back and did it again and it adds S1 (season 1). Go back to the main menu, TV Shows, and it's there, but sans Season 1, and when I get out it is deleted.

As far as getting to my source folder - I can not - as I've stated, the Videos | Categories | Files gets me to the list I already have.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Quote:Tiny Media Manager - in short, scans IMDB etc., and creates nfo's.
So does Kodi, you want two programs you don't understand or one that you might? http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_videos_to_the_library (wiki) has some excellent videos that should guide you set by step. Just remember video button = file mode, might look like your library but it's your sources... not library.
(2017-02-26, 20:48)RBraverman Wrote: "C, then scan for new content, and it added nothing.
What is there (if anything), when you select "information"? Do you get the synopsis/poster for the show?
(2017-02-27, 02:04)bilgepump Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 20:48)RBraverman Wrote: "C, then scan for new content, and it added nothing.
What is there (if anything), when you select "information"? Do you get the synopsis/poster for the show?
From which screen? video|files or TV Shows?
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-02-27, 04:09)RBraverman Wrote: From which screen? video|files or TV Shows?
video/files (although it's also there under TV Shows)
Hello RBraverman

Hmmm... just looked up your Flash Gordon (1936) on TheTVDB. I am not sure what has happened over there but there seem to be two listings for the same show. Links below

Show 1 - http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=254867&lid=7
Show 2 - http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=92551&lid=7

It is quite weird as they appear to be the same show but with minor differences in naming.

Show 1 names its seasons as follows Season 1936, Season 1938, Season 1940
Show 2 names its seasons as follows Season 1, Season 2, Season 3

When you enter the first season for both shows, they seem to have the same episode titles.

I would hazard a guess and say Kodi is being confused by the two entries... maybe?? (one for PatK)

RBraverman, can you confirm this is the show you are after...

Also, remove the (1936) from the title. Just leave it as Flash Gordon and try scraping again from the internet and include all episodes.
(2017-02-27, 08:02)blossom24 Wrote: Hello RBraverman

Hmmm... just looked up your Flash Gordon (1936) on TheTVDB. I am not sure what has happened over there but there seem to be two listings for the same show. Links below

Show 1 - http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=254867&lid=7
Show 2 - http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=92551&lid=7

It is quite weird as they appear to be the same show but with minor differences in naming.

Show 1 names its seasons as follows Season 1936, Season 1938, Season 1940
Show 2 names its seasons as follows Season 1, Season 2, Season 3

When you enter the first season for both shows, they seem to have the same episode titles.

I would hazard a guess and say Kodi is being confused by the two entries... maybe?? (one for PatK)

RBraverman, can you confirm this is the show you are after...

Also, remove the (1936) from the title. Just leave it as Flash Gordon and try scraping again from the internet and include all episodes.

I also noticed that, but/when/if I take the (1936) off, it shows up in main|tv shows, but when it is selected, there are no episodes under it, and it is deleted after I back out.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-02-27, 04:28)bilgepump Wrote:
(2017-02-27, 04:09)RBraverman Wrote: From which screen? video|files or TV Shows?
video/files (although it's also there under TV Shows)

No matter where I try to get to it, it shows the synopsis/poster.

Slightly OT, but this is now - this morning - locking up almost every start, don't know what happened. If I install over what I have (in case something got screwed during the night), will it keep my settings? Or copy over the userdata I just backed up?
SageTV, Kodi.
I created some dummy files for Flash Gordon and scraped it into my library. It all scraped fine.

I named it as follows...

>TV Shows>Flash Gordon (directory name)
Flash Gordon S01E01 (episode name)
Flash Gordon S01E02 (etc)

How do you have them named?
(2017-02-27, 16:20)RBraverman Wrote: If I install over what I have (in case something got screwed during the night), will it keep my settings? Or copy over the userdata I just backed up?
Any installation I've ever done has retained my settings, but as with anything "computer" you should always anticipate problems and make sure you've backed up anything you want to keep/restore in the event of a glitch/meltdown.

(2017-02-27, 16:20)RBraverman Wrote: No matter where I try to get to it, it shows the synopsis/poster.
And if you press "refresh", what happens then?
(2017-02-27, 22:43)blossom24 Wrote: I created some dummy files for Flash Gordon and scraped it into my library. It all scraped fine.

DUMMY FILES! DUMMY FILES!!, ah man you musta led a sheltered childhood ... Laugh

(2017-02-27, 22:43)blossom24 Wrote: I named it as follows...

>TV Shows>Flash Gordon (directory name)
Flash Gordon S01E01 (episode name)
Flash Gordon S01E02 (etc)

How do you have them named?

Flash Gordon\Season 01\S01E01 - Planet of Peril.avi
\S01E02 - filename.avi

Now I did do 3 things that made a difference, well maybe 2: Add the universal scraper but didn't set it as default, and uncheck "Hide Empty TV Shows/Movies/Video's (I assume that have no 'found' video's under them) and when I reloaded Kodi, Flash was there, WITH episodes WTF!?? Huh

BUT, I've another, Reckless - The Sequel, with a file of that name under it and it does NOT show.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-02-28, 02:15)bilgepump Wrote:
(2017-02-27, 16:20)RBraverman Wrote: If I install over what I have (in case something got screwed during the night), will it keep my settings? Or copy over the userdata I just backed up?
Any installation I've ever done has retained my settings, but as with anything "computer" you should always anticipate problems and make sure you've backed up anything you want to keep/restore in the event of a glitch/meltdown.

(2017-02-27, 16:20)RBraverman Wrote: No matter where I try to get to it, it shows the synopsis/poster.
And if you press "refresh", what happens then?

Same. If I pick load from the Internet, I get the same, and if I pick load local I usually get the same or nothing.

I see that I can add/use IMDB for movies, can I for TV Shows?
SageTV, Kodi.
I realize this thread is dead, but I'll try anyways.

I'm still having trouble with series/episodes not showing up in TV Shows, but in videos|TV Shows.

My naming convention is spot on, but what do you do when you have, a pilot, that is listed in the TVDB as episode number "Special" then the title? No matter what you do it won't show up?

Then if you have an entire series that is set up EXACTLY as it is displayed in the TVDB, it still won't show? - As in Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer (1958), and still Flash Gordon (1936) - which did show for a while but at one some point was removed by Kodi.

Is there a way to get scrape with the IMDB for TV Shows? The Universal Scraper (?) only allows it's use for Movies.
SageTV, Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Added nfo, TV Series in Video's NOT TV Series0