Windows Network (SMB)
Hi,
i have Minix windows version (by mistake bought this one other than android version, because I bought this to run the latest version of KODI), , with windows 10 installed.With windows explorer at network i can see all my devices at my home local network. I install Kodi v 17. I want to connect to my folders as a source for videos. I am using kodi as a data base manager and player for my movies which are located at my PC and two local network drives.
When i am adding new source for video and chose Windows Network (SMB) , it does not detect anything. If i choose add network location and set IP address , user name and password for instance of my PC where i have some folders with movies , which I am sharing, it will detect that and I can choose the folders which I am sharing, and that will give me new network location as smb:\\10.x.x.x\movies, where 10.x.x.x is Ip adres of my PC.
I have kodi ver 16 installed on Topfield TF-T6211 PVR which is android 4.2. As i know this version requires at least android ver 5.0 , but Kodi is stll working . but has some issues. It cannot run properly HD movies 720p and above from my folders , it starts playing in slow motion or restart my PVR device. When I use windows Network (SMB) it recognize my local network
Workgroup and in it I can see all devices connected at my network and can access any of them and add as a source.
I have the same issues with Kodi ver 16 on my PC , windows 7, where also does not detect anything under Windows network SMB, when I i am browsing for new source, but when I put IP address of my local network drive under protocol SMB , at server , first i got a message that the connection to the network cannot be established, but when I add it anyway, when I click to that new source it will list all my folders there and I can choose folder with my movies as a new source.
This seems has an issue with kodi running on windows to detect my local home network and all devices and folders which I am sharing at that network.
I need a help to fix this. Probably that was known issue but I could not find it searching this forum.
I will apriciate any help.
Whoops, offered help but what I was suggesting is for android smb issues...so I deleted it.
I had issues that my windows Kodi could not always see or connect to my windows server/share.

The fix here worked for me

http://kodi.wiki/view/SMB/Windows
Confusion is just a state of mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Network (SMB)0