kodi.krypton
script.skinshortcuts
script.skin.helper.service
script.extendedinfo
script.image.resource.select

Notes
There are three themes available:
Default - All gradients and shadows on
Flat - Completely flat theme with no gradients and no shadows (except on popup dialogs)
Shadows Only - No gradients, but all shadows stay on

There are also two colour schemes available:
Default - This colour scheme has dark dialogs
Light Dialogs - This colour scheme has light dialogs

You can also change the colour highlight in Skin Settings > Extras
All these theme options can be mixed and matched however you wish! Big Grin

Description
I started playing around with some ideas inspired by butchabay's original mock-ups for fuse and this is what I've come up with. I've made enough flat skins, so I wanted to try something a little different - gradients, pixel highlights and shadows (although there is both a "Flat" and a "Shadows Only" theme available from Interface options). Basically the idea with this skin is that its a low-list through-out the entire skin to show off fanart as much as possible. The viewtype adapts to the content type (so no user selectable views).

The top bar is always available, making it quick to switch between different parts of the library. The topbar is fully customisable with skin shortcuts. The idea is that you never have to "go home" to get to another part of the library, you just hit up (or a specially mapped key) to select the top bar and go somewhere else.

Gallery
watch gallery
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I like the look very clean and eye catching.... the colors just make it pop.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Great stuff JM. Was hoping you'd start something new at some stage.
Nice one mate ! Smile Love it so far ...
Ooo that's different. [OK HAND SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN][THUMBS UP SIGN]
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Nice ! Hope you can make lowlist for tv aswell !
-mini timeline epg , maybe only 3-4 rows
-low list channel list with channels / epg info / picon,

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2267498
Very nice. Thanks for your hard work.
Thanks guys Smile

@Jönke - Yep lowlist for every content type, including pvr windows.

@everyone - making good progress. Got the video osd and info overlay mostly finished
(ignore the "finishes at" and "spotlight" labels - I used the wrong string id).

When its paused or seeking, only shows the minimal bottom bar.
Very nice, looks awesome!
Context Menu follows position in the list:

Very nice cant wait to try this skin.
beautiful work
Hi jurialmunkey,

I really like your skins. They are always great to use. Currently I'm using arctic zephyr and I'm absolutely happy with it.

Your new skin looks great too. Really looking forward to try it out by myself ;-)

A few suggestions when looking at the screenshots though
  • The gradient focus color looks fresh - totally agree with you here. But I'm missing the gradient color in the Submenu and the Settings screenshot. Have you tried adding it there already?
  • In the bottom pane you show the current Sort order and a second icon if it's asc or desc. The info is good but maybe you can shrink it a bit by just saying "Sort by: Album [Asc/Desc Icon]"? The first icon is too much. Sometimes less is more :-)
  • The Cast Popup is one level too much I think. The Info OSD is already an overlay and then the Cast is another one. Maybe you can stay on the Info OSD and just swipe between the menues, e.g. Cast, Director, etc. Maybe by just replacing the right side of the OSD while keeping the Fanart on the left side? Or replacing the Fanart with the Poster to have more space?
  • UPDATE: when opening the context menu of your last screenshot. is it possible to highlight the current focused item? so that everything except the context menu and the focused poster is transparent? could look great.. Smile

These are just suggestions to think/discuss about ;-)

Keep up the great work!

Regards
matze276
(2017-03-01, 15:50)matze276 Wrote: Your new skin looks great too. Really looking forward to try it out by myself ;-)
A few suggestions when looking at the screenshots though
  • The gradient focus color looks fresh - totally agree with you here. But I'm missing the gradient color in the Submenu and the Settings screenshot. Have you tried adding it there already?
  • In the bottom pane you show the current Sort order and a second icon if it's asc or desc. The info is good but maybe you can shrink it a bit by just saying "Sort by: Album [Asc/Desc Icon]"? The first icon is too much. Sometimes less is more :-)
  • The Cast Popup is one level too much I think. The Info OSD is already an overlay and then the Cast is another one. Maybe you can stay on the Info OSD and just swipe between the menues, e.g. Cast, Director, etc. Maybe by just replacing the right side of the OSD while keeping the Fanart on the left side? Or replacing the Fanart with the Poster to have more space?
  • UPDATE: when opening the context menu of your last screenshot. is it possible to highlight the current focused item? so that everything except the context menu and the focused poster is transparent? could look great.. Smile

Yeah I tried the gradient elsewhere, but decided to keep it to the top menu bar and the backing panels of the bottom bars -- it's a bit too much if used everywhere imho.

The sort by/direction are actually clickable buttons. But I do agree with you, the sort direction has been moved to the options menu and I've used the sort direction icon instead of the sort by icon so you can quickly see which direction the sort is.

I've actually changed the video info dialog. It now appears in the bottom bar and only extended info slide up as panels. I want to keep things like cast/director lists inside dialogs as it emphasises that they can be clicked to open up extended info.

I thought about the idea with the context menu, but its really quite difficult to dim the rest of the screen *except* for the focused item -- I agree, I think it would look great, but having trouble coming up with something that isn't excessively complex to achieve. I did fix it so that the focus highlight doesn't hide though.

New Info Dialog:
NOTE: Alpha is available

Alpha version is available from github. See first post for link and dependencies.
Krypton only. No PVR currently (but it is planned!).
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13