v17 Transparent proxy addon
Hello,

I'm new to kodi dev and more generally to python. I'd like to get advice regarding the relevant way to use a transparent (local) proxy.

My first though is that i could develop a service addon to call a python script running a local proxy to filter some requests done by an other kodi's addon. As a side note, the current addon i'm talking about already allows proxy setting from its config panel.
But i'm really not sure this could be done this way.

A more relevant way would surely be to run this proxy script at OS level but i'd like to avoid it if possible. I'm currently using OSMC on rpi3.

So, does service addon (or any other addon type) can be used for this purpose?

Feel free to ask me question if mine isn't clear at all.

Regards.
i dont quite understand your use case but from what i read, you can run your local proxy server as a service addon, and other addons can comnect through your service addon. But in practice that wont make much sensr, because you want to create a client and server at the same time, if you control the client why are you writing a server?
The proxy is for filtering third party addon requests.

I'm currently trying to use instead systemd for running the proxy which seems fine. But now i get unhandled exception from python script when setting the proxy for the kodi addon.

I'm not sure my issue is related to Kodi so i let this topic pending.

I'm trying on my side to fix it and if not able i'll be back.

Thank you.
Debug log would be helpful

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparent proxy addon0