gotta be a way to stop the fire stick sellers
I mean there has to be a way to stop them from doing this I mean im not squeaky clean when it comes to my add on selection but i had to spend hours and hours researching just to lean how to set it up and i see these kids acting like they are so smart doing this but i feel like selling these crash sticks and burn boxes (as i like to call them) is destroying the reputation of this company and after using this ill never go to vlc or wmp ever again.
And why do YOU care so much about them? This world would be a much better place if everybody would just mind their own business...
(2017-02-28, 11:35)DaLanik Wrote: And why do YOU care so much about them? This world would be a much better place if everybody would just mind their own business...

I have to say it is annoying. With open source software it is good to talk about it, spread the word. With all of the negative press that Kodi has been getting, people can look down their noses at you when you say you're a Kodi user. I don't feel the need to use dodgy addons.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-02-28, 11:35)DaLanik Wrote: And why do YOU care so much about them? This world would be a much better place if everybody would just mind their own business...
That's a very odd attitude to take.

So, if somebody sees something wrong/illegal going on, you'd advocate doing nothing about it? That would just lead to anarchy.

The sellers who are profiting off selling the sticks are also dragging Kodi's name through the mud. I would therefore argue that Team Kodi and the community wanting to do something about it is minding their own business.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
It is a waste of time. Especialy whining on boards... people here already know it. Those that don't, simply don't care.
(2017-02-28, 11:44)el_Paraguayo Wrote:
That's a very odd attitude to take.

So, if somebody sees something wrong/illegal going on, you'd advocate doing nothing about it? That would just lead to anarchy.

The sellers who are profiting off selling the sticks are also dragging Kodi's name through the mud. I would therefore argue that Team Kodi and the community wanting to do something about it is minding their own business.

It is not MY business to do something about it. The same as it is NOT america's business to "bring democracy" worldwide....
Correct. You have no obligation to do anything.

However, as Kodi is run by volunteers and has little financial resource, I would think it's entirely reasonable for members of the community to wish to protect something about which they care greatly. I don't think such behaviour should be discouraged at all.
Waste of time. It is just like sitting in a bar, drinking beer and cursing the politicians for being corrupt or (not) doing something, etc... and then going home w/o any real benefit...
Yes, it may well end up being a fruitless exercise (and you can say "I told you so") but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't try to help if they want to.
(2017-02-28, 14:21)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Correct. You have no obligation to do anything.

However, as Kodi is run by volunteers and has little financial resource, I would think it's entirely reasonable for members of the community to wish to protect something about which they care greatly. I don't think such behaviour should be discouraged at all.

Agreed 110%, but these type of posts are not only getting old, but damn annoying. Just report the seller however you can and move on. No reason to create threads like this every 3 days.
(2017-02-28, 17:35)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Agreed 110%, but these type of posts are not only getting old, but damn annoying. Just report the seller however you can and move on. No reason to create threads like this every 3 days.

Exactly.
No disagreement from me either. I've asked a mod to lock the thread.
I get dodgy Kodi installs shoved in front of me from time to time, normally because a addon doesn't work anymore. I refuse to have anything to do with them, other than install a clean build of Kodi. People get most uppity, which is odd considering I fix computers for free. But it is about all I can do to help turn the tide. I gave up reporting dodgy box sellers to eBay as either eBay did nothing or the seller is back with a different account in the blink of an eye.

I have lobbied my MP to get the government to legislate against eBay and Amazon to prevent the sale of piracy boxes, but I am not expecting much. If Google, eBay and Amazon just did the decent thing and banned the sale and promotion of these things then the battle would be over. You would have thought it would be in Google's and Amazon's best interest to ban them as they are directly ripping off their video/music services.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gotta be a way to stop the fire stick sellers0