Problems scraping TV Shows from within subfolders
I'm just trying out Kodi on my PC before deciding to go for a full hardware-based solution, and so far it seems pretty good and very configurable. I'm having some problems scraping TV shows though, where it does not seem to drill down through the directory structure as I would have expected.

I have current TV shows saved inside their own subfolders within my main 'TV' directory on my NAS, which after a bit of fiddling with the naming system seems to be working broadly correctly.

Older archived shows (which I don't want cluttering up my main TV directory on the NAS) are all saved in their own subfolders inside a separate 'miscellaneous' subfolder within the main 'TV' directory. However no matter how I try naming the subfolders and files within that miscellanous folder, nothing at all seems to get scraped. The filenames seem correct as per theTVDB guidelines.

For example, in the (partial) list below, the top level folders work - including various sub-folders located inside 'Doctor Who' and 'Once Upon a Time' - but I get nothing at all scraped for the 'Blake's 7', 'Red Dwarf' or 'Babylon 5' folders:

/TV/Doctor Who/ (with various subfolders)
/TV/miscellaneous/Blake's 7/
/TV/miscellaneous/Red Dwarf/
/TV/miscellaneous/Babylon 5/
/TV/NCIS/
/TV/NCIS New Orleans/
/TV/Once Upon a Time (2016)/ (with various subfolders)

Any thoughts? (I have tried adding 'TV/miscellaneous/' as a separate source folder in Kodi by the way, in addition to the main 'TV' location, but still nothing)

Andre
Have a read of the wiki - if you're setting content for movies you don't need to worry about folder structure too much because - as long as you check 'scan recursively' - the scraper will 'drill down' and find stuff in sub-directories.
Not so for tv.
If you set content on your 'TV' folder the scraper will look for show titles in the level below - so it will try to scrape eg Doctor Who, NCIS, miscellaneous. It won't look inside 'miscellaneous' unless it identifies the 'misc' show. IYSWIM.
The easiest solution - have 2 folders, eg TV and OLD TV (or whatever). Set the content on those 2 folders. Shows are inside those at the next level.
I've made some guesses / assumptions about what you've done here - if they're incorrect you'll need to provide more info.
I did wonder that, but I tried adding the TV/miscellaneous/ folder using Add Video Source as its own separate source item, but I'm wondering if that might somehow be getting flagged as already scanned (and ignored) during the first pass as it is also in the main 'TV' folder?

I'll try making a new top level folder (same level as 'TV') but I suspect my NAS will go into overdrive re-indexing all the archive media content for a while. Smile

Andre
Setting content inside already set content isn't something I've tried but it sounds like a bad idea.
You could test by just moving one show to a new 'oldtv' folder, setting content and running a scan.
Yes, a new top-level folder works. I wonder why adding the original subfolder as a separate source didn't? Time for a good old folder reorganise.

Andre

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems scraping TV Shows from within subfolders0