v17 High CPU and disc usage
Shocked 
I've been seeing a number of questions on CPU usage on reddit and now I'm really starting to get concerned myself. Kodi is using between 60-104% of the CPU and something is happening to the storage in my home drive. It's shrinking by about a G a second and I can't track down what's eating it. It's somewhere after the home directory. Restarting gives back much of the space but while Kodi is running it just slowly ticks down.

A few days ago I had it fill up the drive and I had some problems. Couldn't ssh onto the computer lost a bunch (but not all for some reason) of the settings in Kodi. This has me a bit worried. gnome-discs says the drive is OK. What is going on?
Okay. Found something promising. Trying the suggestion here
Well, crap. There were unmet dependencies. I let it fix those and now I'm looking at a complete install. It's all messed up. Can't get even get on the internet with it.
that thread above has nothing to do with high CPU usage. You should have posted a Debug Log instead
I was definitely affected by the xsessions.errors writes. I'm not sure if writing constantly to the file caused the high CPU usage, but it has calmed down since I got the system up and running again. Installed Mate 17.04. Everything is working well excpet I can't build my TBS DVB drivers (think the kernel is too new). So on to the next issue. In any case, moving to Ubuntu 17.04 fixed whatever caused the xsession errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU and disc usage0