Multiple extension points deprecated?
After reading some related threads in this forum I edited my addon.xml to have two extension points like this:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.python.script" library="select.py">
    <provides>executable</provides>
</extension>
<extension point="xbmc.service" library="service.py" start="[login|startup]" />
</extension>
Unfortunetely with this settings my addon isn't loaded and and does not even appear listed under available addons. No errors in kodi.log
I thought this was a supported setup or has this feature become deprecated?
multiple extension points are still supported.

your code is not valid though, you need to use 'start=login' or 'start=startup'.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the hint and feedback. You mean I need to add 'start=login' or 'start=startup' to the script extension point?
Because when I remove the first extension point the addon is loaded as service and works fine.

Edit: Just did a quick test specifying start="login" only for the service extension point but to no avail. The addon only loads if I remove the script extension point completely. Anything else I am missing?
(2017-03-01, 01:40)Spirou Wrote: You mean I need to add 'start=login' or 'start=startup' to the script extension point?

nah, the service extension point.

also, that last line (</extension>) in your example above shouldn't be there.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-03-01, 11:13)ronie Wrote: also, that last line (</extension>) in your example above shouldn't be there.
Thank you, ronie. That was it. Somehow this sneaked into my test addon.xml ...
Now with the corrected addon.xml it works Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple extension points deprecated?0