No video on Ubuntu 14.04 machine
Hi, I've used Kodi for a while, especially on my Ubuntu/Intel machine. I previously had 16 from the team-xbmc repo, which was upgraded to 17 recently. As of that upgrade, video completely stopped working: that is, when playing a video, audio and everything else works, but there's only a black screen, no video! I rolled back to 16 and it works again. Not sure how to go about solving the issue, would like some info/pointers as to what could be wrong. Any ideas?
No Debug Log no issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have the same issue and went through the steps to log the issue. I am using the exodus add on and for every video I try to view, there are 2 very fast green flashes and then only the audio proceeds to play without any video. Below is the log you requested, if there is anything else you need, please let me know. Thank you for your help!

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24412086/
(2017-03-01, 04:17)smikesmith Wrote: Hi, I've used Kodi for a while, especially on my Ubuntu/Intel machine. I previously had 16 from the team-xbmc repo, which was upgraded to 17 recently. As of that upgrade, video completely stopped working: that is, when playing a video, audio and everything else works, but there's only a black screen, no video! I rolled back to 16 and it works again. Not sure how to go about solving the issue, would like some info/pointers as to what could be wrong. Any ideas?

It sounds as if you don't have the correct codec for video you are trying to play. Do you have the Ubuntu Restricted Extras package installed?

(2017-04-19, 07:46)schacker21 Wrote: I have the same issue and went through the steps to log the issue. I am using the exodus add on and for every video I try to view, there are 2 very fast green flashes and then only the audio proceeds to play without any video. Below is the log you requested, if there is anything else you need, please let me know. Thank you for your help!

https://paste.ubuntu.com/24412086/

The discussion of Exodus is a banned on these forums. You'll get no support whilst you have it installed.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-04-19, 08:02)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 04:17)smikesmith Wrote: Hi, I've used Kodi for a while, especially on my Ubuntu/Intel machine. I previously had 16 from the team-xbmc repo, which was upgraded to 17 recently. As of that upgrade, video completely stopped working: that is, when playing a video, audio and everything else works, but there's only a black screen, no video! I rolled back to 16 and it works again. Not sure how to go about solving the issue, would like some info/pointers as to what could be wrong. Any ideas?

It sounds as if you don't have the correct codec for video you are trying to play. Do you have the Ubuntu Restricted Extras package installed?

Kodi doesn't need any extra codecs, we ship everything needed.
(2017-04-19, 09:14)wsnipex Wrote:
(2017-04-19, 08:02)speedwell68 Wrote:

Kodi doesn't need any extra codecs, we ship everything needed.

I was not aware of that, thanks.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
since your running exodus end of thread no support for illegal addons sorry OP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video on Ubuntu 14.04 machine0