how to install sortware in kodi
I want to install some software in kodi, mostly it will work on my raspi. so kodi is already installed there, now i want to install some other software in kodi, since it is a linux distro, can't i install any software here? meybe wireshark and some other. how can i do?
I want to install some software in kodi, mostly it will work on my raspi. so kodi is already installed there, now i want to install some other software in kodi, since it is a linux distro, can't i install any software here? meybe wireshark and some other. how can i do?
ssh? what operating system on the pi are you using?
librelec
https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl..._LibreELEC
Kodi is just a software, (media player program) ranning on OSMC, OpenElec or LibreELEC.., operating system.

What you are asking is the same as if you ask how to install some software/programs in MsOffice running on Windows.

You should first state which OS you are using on RPi, and then ask how to instal software/programs on that operating system.
thanks, but can install anything through ssh?
how do in install after that
LibreELEC is a "just enough operating system" approach - it's intended specifically for Kodi, it's not meant as a general-purpose Linux distro. Additional functionality is installed by way of addons in Kodi; I guess it's possible to build on a different system and move the binaries/libraries over, but it'd be ugly.

If you want an expandable platform, you may need to look at a lightweight e.g. Ubuntu distro instead.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Moving to Linux as well, as LibreELEC clearly doesn't belong in the Windows section...
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
He's on a Pi, it's still in the wrong place, I'll move it again and merge it with the duplicate thread already there.

LibreElec supports docker, which is probably the simplest way to go. Or try OSMC if you need a Kodi variant with more OS underneath it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What is it that you want to install?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to install sortware in kodi0