View a Web Page in Kodi Interface
Wink 
Hi Guys,

Warning: I am not an add-on developer...

I do know a little PHP coding. I have in my own personal Apache server, created a web page in PHP that scrapes recent releases from various places through their rss feeds. I then display this info on my web browser.

What I would love to do, is to create a new page that displays the same scraped info (with nice posters, ratings, titles, etc) on my Kodi htpc's connected to my TV sets. How would I go about creating something in Kodi that will display this page?

The PHP will be using an internal ip URL within my home network.

Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

H.
Anyone...??
You could use chrome launcher.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you Nickr... but my htpc's are LibreElec machines.

I assume that I would have to be able to convert the functionality of my php code (which gets the data which I have stored in a MySQL database) and create an addon that would show it in my Kodi machine. This would be using Python.

Can you think of an existing addon (hopefully a basic one) that pulls data from a database and displays it in Kodi (including images from URL links)? I can try to teach myself python by following/adapting the existing code.

What I render using php on my browser looks like this:

Thanks again,

H.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View a Web Page in Kodi Interface0