v17 Directory Items regenerate after playing Playable item
Since I upgraded to Krypton, the LiveLeak plugin (which I have forked and resurrected) unnecessarily regenerates a Directory of ListItems after playing a Playable video. This means it, yet again, fetches and parses the very same pages from the website that it has already processed. This is impolite netizenship.

Kodi v16 did not do that.

I have looked through the Docs and tried everything I can think of to prevent this redundancy: from declaring ListItem.setContentLookup(False) to actually specifying the default values to xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory to ensure 'cacheToDisc' is enabled. Nothing I have tried corrects this issue.

(And I'm fairly sure it's not the new skin. I immediately switched back to Confluence because Estuary seems to have lost its "Home" and "Back" icons.)

How can I force Krypton to simply re-use the list of Playable ListItems that have already been added to the current Directory?
yeah they decided to break all addons because someones favorites didn't work
@V8MEM, I thought you were being flippant until I found this on SoftPedia, "New improvements include ... better refreshing of favorites."

So ... seriously?? They decided to make it so all Directories always refresh unconditionally just so Favorites would be kept refreshed?

Is there any possible way to disable that so a plugin could fall back to memory or disc cache?
This issue will hopefully be fixed on 17.1
Kodi 17 Krypton Container.Refresh issue
there are 17.1 test builds available here: https://kodi.tv/download/

would be appreciated if some of you could verify the issue is indeed fixed in that version.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
can confirm:
Issue no longer present on Win10
Kodi 17.1-RC1

Tested not present when going back:
- after playing a video
- via ".."
- by opening a custom windowXML
- after calling Container.Update in context menu
(2017-03-02, 20:52)gedisony Wrote: This issue will hopefully be fixed on 17.1
Kodi 17 Krypton Container.Refresh issue

Ah. Thank you for that info.

I'm still learning Kodi and didn't realize it was a Container.Refresh issue; else I would have searched for that and not started a new thread.

And, thank you to the core developers. Now I don't have to figure out how to manually cache Directory ListItems that, AFAIK, can't be pickled.
great, thanx for taking the time to test it!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directory Items regenerate after playing Playable item0