v18 Inquiry about Video Game Scrapers
With the onset of Kodi 18 and the return to having video games more accessible in Kodi, what is the status of a metadata scraper for video games? I have done a cursory review of these forums and searched a few other places, but the answer seems to be quite fragmented. I greatly appreciate tools like Ember Media Manager and TinyMediaManager for organizing the back end of associated libraries, but I haven't found a tool that was focused on metadata and as easily accessible in the way those two programs are.

My understanding is that there need to be a few things in place in order to ensure scraping can be done effectively. First, there needs to be some inherent structure to how metadata is organized for video games. Movies, TV Shows, Music, and other sources of entertainment appear to have a bit more defined structure than video games from what I can find. Once the structure is in place, aggregating, organizing, and storing that data can begin. Again, from the sources I've found, the games databases appear to be more fragmented and incomplete than their movie and tv show counterparts. When the structure and the database are in place, a tool (like the aforementioned Ember Media Manager or TinyMediaManager) can be created to identify unique instances in your library and help extract relevant metadata from sources.

I'm generally just looking for some direction on where to find a good metadata scraper for video games if it already exists or if there is anything I can do to assist in the development (essentially no programming skills) of a tool for the same purpose. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inquiry about Video Game Scrapers0