howto sort channels?
Hi,

How can I sort channels using VDR VNSI Client on Kodi 17 (LibreELEC 8)?
I've searched for channels in General -> PVR Live TV and found nearly 1000 channels (DVB-S2). Now I want to filter these channels and I opened group manager, added a new group and inserted all needed channels from ungrouped channels list to my new group.
Ok, that's fine but how can I sort channels in my group?

I've also tried to place a presorted channels.conf to /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf but it is ignored. It seems that Kodi only adds channels to the SQLite Database .kodi/userdata/Database/TV29.db and channels.conf is ignoried. Am I right? Is there any AddOn to easily sort the channels list?

Thanks!
I don't use libreelec vdr, but debian vdr.

Did you stop the vdr service before you copied the channels.conf? vdr ignores all file changes while it is active.

I sorted my channels.conf with nano. If you are from Germany this site may help you to find the channels you need. Simply copy and paste:

http://channelpedia.yavdr.com

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Yes, I stopped kodi (systemctl stop kodi) and I also killed vdr.bin before replacing channels.conf (copied from http://channelpedia.yavdr.com/gen/ too) but this file seems to be ignored. After restarting kodi I still have the unsorted channels list available while channels.conf is untouched and still sorted.
Apologies if I'm a million miles off, but have you checked 'Use channel order from backend(s)' and 'Use channel numbers from backend' in settings > PVR&LiveTV?
All my channels / groups are set in my backend, kodi just follows from that.
Yes, I have checked "Synchronize channel groups with backend(s)", "use channel order from backend(s)" and "use channel numbers from backend". I also have tried "clear data" which should reimport data from the backend but unfortunately there is still no presorted channels list.
Got it!
I replaced the channels.conf in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf but there is another one in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/channels.conf! After replacing that one, it is working!
Great! Have fun with your vdr! Wink
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
I use this application:

http://cle4vdr.vdr-developer.org/

It has a problem with DVB-T2 channels at least. Some field is too shor and it breaks those channels but DVB-S/S2 as well as SD channels in terrestial site works well. So if you need something more than just simple text editor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
howto sort channels?0