Cannot start .py scripts??
hi all,

i am just getting started, so this is probably a n00b question, but i could not find the answer elsewhere on this board.

i am trying to start a python script and eventually would like to hook it up to a button in the skin to start it.

when i open the "my files" section in xbmc (i use the april 19 proper build) and click the "a" button on the controller when standing on a .py script, nothing happens.

i have unrarred the python.rar in the python directory.

also, i cannot seem to create a button in home.xml (i use the project mayhem skin, 16:9 version) to link to the script.

can anyone help me out here as i feel pretty stupid... Wink

jaron.
put the py files into the script folder (within xbmcs folder) and try to start it from settings -->general-->scripts (if you use the default skin).
if this won't work you maybe have to unpack the python.rar into your xbmc folder (should contain a script folder and a python folder).
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
is the script handling dependent of the skin used? i use the project mayhem skin, but i cannot add a button to the skin's home.xml page. nor do i have a scripts button in the settings area...

i will try running those scripts on the default skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot start .py scripts??0