OS X Kodi did not open? Why
Hi

I am new to this Kodi thing. I recently had to download Kodi again but when I tried to open it again it says that the last time I opened Kodi, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try and reopen windows again?

When I click re-open it closes Kodi down and my mac comes up with the apple message about Kodi quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. Click report to see more and send a report to Apple.

When I click Re-opens it opens the application and the first message come up?

I have attached the error message below. Any help will be much appreciated.

Last thing is I can still use Kodi on another users login though on the same computer?

Thanks

Soton

[log removed]
Please use pastebin to post your log, otherwise the forum will become unreadable. See http://www.pastebin.com/
And edit your question with the link to your pastebin.

You are using kodi 17.1 RC. Does the stable build kodi 17 have the same problem ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Don't post logs directly into the post, it is against forum rules. Please use a service like pastebin and provide a link to your log.

Also a Debug log (wiki) would be useful. As you are having trouble starting Kodi you may have to set that up manually. Instructions are in the link.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
http://pastebin.com/U5xGexiZ

can anyone please help me, nothing is working
(2017-03-27, 07:46)christym3003 Wrote: http://pastebin.com/U5xGexiZ

can anyone please help me, nothing is working

This is not a debug log, please post a debug log, see my signature how to.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
i cant find the log uploader inside kodi, i downloaded it then from kodi, does nothing, like kodi 16.1 was working, then i uninstalled that for 17.1 and its shit itself, nothing works, like same story about it crashing, im at my wits end with this
Corrupted database. You need to Delete addons27.db from the userdata folder. Kodi can rebuild this db on startup. See My signature How to get to this folder.
Having the same problem. Not very computer savvy. The suggestion: "You need to Delete addons27.db from the userdata folder": I don't know how to do this. How do I get to the userdata folder?
(2023-06-03, 23:52)phasak Wrote: Not very computer savvy

Are you savvy enough to tell us what type of computer you are using for Kodi? The method to access your userdata folder may vary.
Also, addon27.db refers to an earlier version of Kodi. Which version are you using?
Computer is Apple, macOS is Big Sur. Kodi version 20.1
I also have Kodi version 19.4 and that works OK.
(2023-06-04, 01:31)phasak Wrote: Computer is Apple, macOS is Big Sur. Kodi version 20.1

Kodi 20.1 uses Addons33.db, not Addons27.db

PS: you may still want to delete Addons27.db if Kodi 20.1 still attempts to upgrade to Addons33.db.

For the userdata location (I'm not very Apple-savvy..), this should be applicable:
/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/
(2023-06-03, 23:52)phasak Wrote: Having the same problem. Not very computer savvy. The suggestion: "You need to Delete addons27.db from the userdata folder": I don't know how to do this. How do I get to the userdata folder?

press No in "Do you want to try and reopen windows again?" dialog, will it help?
I'm not having any luck with the suggestions made. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Here is part of the log of the message "Kodi quit unexpectedly" and the response from Bard. Can someone help me do what is suggested by the Bard response?
/Users/paulhasak/Desktop/Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 7.27.41 AM.png

/Users/paulhasak/Desktop/Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 7.14.47 AM.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi did not open? Why0