Mod Estuary Classic MAX
Actually, I decided to add customization to the sub-menus, sort of.

With v0.6.0 that I posted, there is a lightning bolt looking icon in the submenus which will slide a panel down revealing the shortcuts added to that sub-menu. So with the Skin Shortcuts Addon support, you can add shortcuts using the pop-up context menu at nodes you wish to. If you want to change the label/thumb etc, you can do so in the Skin settings.

Screen:
Thanks, will be testing these latest changes including the SkinShortcuts support later today. Will report back if I find any undocumented issues. Smile

Also, I know this is just a personal project for you, but you've done such a great job that I'm really hoping you'll at least consider continuing development on it for a good while to come. ^^
Will this run on 16.x and 17.x?
Thanks.
17.x still uses the 5.12 GUI engine, so yes. 16.x uses the 5.10 so, no. 18.x (5.13) probably yes, because newer versions tend to keep most the backward compatibility. I have not experimented though, as I haven't even looked at Leia yet. I guess just modify addon.xml and see what breaks.
(2017-03-20, 19:30)vector991 Wrote: 17.x still uses the 5.12 GUI engine, so yes. 16.x uses the 5.10 so, no. 18.x (5.13) probably yes, because newer versions tend to keep most the backward compatibility. I have not experimented though, as I haven't even looked at Leia yet. I guess just modify addon.xml and see what breaks.
Thanks for that. In addition to Kodi I'm also running SPMC which hasn't moved to 17.x yet. I guess I'll have to hold off trying this (and other estuary based) skin for a while.
Is there any way to add custom widgets to main menu entries? I've looked all over for this.
For example, adding so that my TV shows main menu entry will show my TV shows Super Favourite folder as a widget on the right.

Normal library "widgets" just don't cut it for me. I hardly use my library at all (I'm on a box running LibreELEC and hard drive space is limited, and also I find Kodi's library features to have too many annoying quirks)
This is exactly what I am looking for finally. Something that is functional and not too bothersome with crap strewn everywhere. The rating system is solid, finally. What is the point when you have to go into the "information" setting instead of scrolling through. Give you a 9/10 there. (Now put some fancy colored stars and you have me absolutely sold!!!
I know that this is a personal version for you that you just shared with us, which is incredibly awesome!!! So take the below statement with a grain of salt.
Now for my blanket criticism of every skin modder. PLEASE, PLEASE spend a little bit of time and go into the font settings and label them, please. On top of that, how about putting out a large font? What I did was go in and double the font sizes on all. Ya, without my contacts I can not read the font. Hopefully, when you get a bit older you do not have the same issue. Tongue
(2017-03-22, 19:34)Zareph Wrote: Is there any way to add custom widgets to main menu entries? I've looked all over for this.
For example, adding so that my TV shows main menu entry will show my TV shows Super Favourite folder as a widget on the right.

Normal library "widgets" just don't cut it for me. I hardly use my library at all (I'm on a box running LibreELEC and hard drive space is limited, and also I find Kodi's library features to have too many annoying quirks)

Maybe Kodi has plans to do more with Favourites.. I dont know, but that would help a lot. Right now, it's just pretty much a flat list of action items with a label attached to each. It's not structured by content type, folders etc.. so can't do much with it.

What you described above, made me think that I should have added a "favourites" shortcuts list to the main menu since I already did so with the top sliding panel in the submenus. So I did. There's a new menu item called 'My Shorts' now.

Screen:
(2017-03-23, 01:11)fliphusker Wrote: This is exactly what I am looking for finally. Something that is functional and not too bothersome with crap strewn everywhere. The rating system is solid, finally. What is the point when you have to go into the "information" setting instead of scrolling through. Give you a 9/10 there. (Now put some fancy colored stars and you have me absolutely sold!!!
I know that this is a personal version for you that you just shared with us, which is incredibly awesome!!! So take the below statement with a grain of salt.
Now for my blanket criticism of every skin modder. PLEASE, PLEASE spend a little bit of time and go into the font settings and label them, please. On top of that, how about putting out a large font? What I did was go in and double the font sizes on all. Ya, without my contacts I can not read the font. Hopefully, when you get a bit older you do not have the same issue. Tongue

Eh.. you talking about colored stars for User provided rating? or IMDB/TVDB/TMDB?

And.. what font settings are you talking about? You don't mean font.xml do you? And In the interface settings there's only a choice of 2 fonts. What needs describing?

I know all about vision problems. I'm no where near my 20's. Smile I wanted my own skin so that it's comfortable to use as a 24/7 desktop (2nd monitor) application and also for the bigger TV. With fonts and sizing of items on screen, needed to consider my viewing distance and being able to use the mouse too.
Hello. Nice skin,but .... Going to give the original blue playerHuh?For gray.....?

Thank you
Hah.. ya. Well my rationale behind that was that in many movies I couldn't see the items clearly, with the black background and focused color (blue default). So I chose a neutral black on white. But I see what you mean, and decided to redo it with one I can live with and more consistent with the theme.

I made the panel a darker shade of the theme color, made the buttons light grey and kept the focused color on the focused item. Also, added clearlogo and thumbnail (if you have skinhelper). Additionally, for the longest time (I don't know if it's the same case in Estuary v2), I was wondering why some videos didn't have the seek arrows. Turns out that in the OSD, if there's no chapters it doesn't show. I've included short seek buttons for videos without chapters as well now.

New OSD:
(2017-03-23, 05:50)vector991 Wrote: Eh.. you talking about colored stars for User provided rating? or IMDB/TVDB/TMDB?

And.. what font settings are you talking about? You don't mean font.xml do you? And In the interface settings there's only a choice of 2 fonts. What needs describing?

I know all about vision problems. I'm no where near my 20's. Smile I wanted my own skin so that it's comfortable to use as a 24/7 desktop (2nd monitor) application and also for the bigger TV. With fonts and sizing of items on screen, needed to consider my viewing distance and being able to use the mouse too.
IMDB I am going to assume. Just love the star thing from Aeon MQ 7. Link below.
http://koditips.com/aeon-mq7-kodi-skin-download-info/
Is there a reason why you do not include the rating in all "viewtypes"?
Since I got my KODI I have tried a lot of skins/all and the font are always small, so I have to redo the font.XML file. I only redo one of the 2 theme (probably wrong name for it) fonts there, but I just double all of them, well except the really big ones. But so many do not have real descriptions with them. The full first section of fonts and even further down, none are listed on what they are."Font flag" that is for the rating? Eight different fonts for "title", but what in title? Font 10, 12, 13, 14, 25 etc (Where is font 11? HA!) Mono30?
You use the same font for both desktop and tv? I modify mine on my desktop and test it out, sorta and then load it onto my KODI. There are always things that do not jive and end up being outside of boxes, but with yours, it is not bad at all. The fonts for different movie lists are not jumbled together like in other fonts. So I get what you are saying about using your mouse. I assume this is just limitations will have to live with. I would like to get more in-depth of learning to do other things and need to sit and learn to do it.
When you say new OSD, is that is how it is going to look? Or is that for a different theme? Love the OSD. I did change the font to white, easier to read for me.
I can not say enough how much I appreciate the work you have done and for sharing it too. Any help above would be greatly appreciated.
(2017-03-24, 08:03)fliphusker Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 05:50)vector991 Wrote: Eh.. you talking about colored stars for User provided rating? or IMDB/TVDB/TMDB?

IMDB I am going to assume. Just love the star thing from Aeon MQ 7. Link below.
http://koditips.com/aeon-mq7-kodi-skin-download-info/
Is there a reason why you do not include the rating in all "viewtypes"?
Since I got my KODI I have tried a lot of skins/all and the font are always small, so I have to redo the font.XML file. I only redo one of the 2 theme (probably wrong name for it) fonts there, but I just double all of them, well except the really big ones. But so many do not have real descriptions with them. The full first section of fonts and even further down, none are listed on what they are."Font flag" that is for the rating? Eight different fonts for "title", but what in title? Font 10, 12, 13, 14, 25 etc (Where is font 11? HA!) Mono30?
You use the same font for both desktop and tv? I modify mine on my desktop and test it out, sorta and then load it onto my KODI. There are always things that do not jive and end up being outside of boxes, but with yours, it is not bad at all. The fonts for different movie lists are not jumbled together like in other fonts. So I get what you are saying about using your mouse. I assume this is just limitations will have to live with. I would like to get more in-depth of learning to do other things and need to sit and learn to do it.
When you say new OSD, is that is how it is going to look? Or is that for a different theme? Love the OSD. I did change the font to white, easier to read for me.
I can not say enough how much I appreciate the work you have done and for sharing it too. Any help above would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not done with all the screens to my liking yet, so you will find things like rating missing on some views. As I make my way to a final version, things will be under construction.

I thought that's what you meant about the font labeling, after I replied before. Basically, instead of font size names have names that make sense like maintitle, heading, subtitle, dialog text, etc.. It's a part of a cleanup that I would probably do sometime later. These default names I believe have been carried from early xbmc iterations of skins. Some devs like to use point size naming convention I guess. If you are changing font.xml, you should copy and paste that font set and have it as an additional selection in the skin settings.

Yes I use the same font for desktop and TV. I like the font they chose for Estuary v2.

As for the OSD, that just stands for On-Screen Display.. ie. the video player controls. Whatever I post is also updated on GitHub, so if you download the zip from there it's the latest changes.

Stars:
(2017-03-25, 02:49)vector991 Wrote: I'm not done with all the screens to my liking yet, so you will find things like rating missing on some views. As I make my way to a final version, things will be under construction.

I thought that's what you meant about the font labeling, after I replied before. Basically, instead of font size names have names that make sense like maintitle, heading, subtitle, dialog text, etc.. It's a part of a cleanup that I would probably do sometime later. These default names I believe have been carried from early xbmc iterations of skins. Some devs like to use point size naming convention I guess. If you are changing font.xml, you should copy and paste that font set and have it as an additional selection in the skin settings.

Yes I use the same font for desktop and TV. I like the font they chose for Estuary v2.

As for the OSD, that just stands for On-Screen Display.. ie. the video player controls. Whatever I post is also updated on GitHub, so if you download the zip from there it's the latest changes.

Stars:

Make sense that it is under construction, was just curious as thought I was missing something. Maybe I will sit down and work through some names for the fonts, if I can actually figure out what they do and share with you, if you are interested. Let me stress, I am not a coder but I can blunder around the code and change things, somewhat. Tongue And you are right that I need to just make a whole new set, just not sure I have the skills to take that on, but will also give that a whirl.
I have not checked out v2 yet. I definitely like the font that is more bold and less skinny.
Are you going with the blue OSD like in the new version? They gray will no longer be available? Love the gray except for the font being black.
I see the stars on yours but I do not see it on mine. I assume I am missing an addon? If so can you tell me what it is?
Thanks again for your help!!!
(2017-03-25, 03:48)fliphusker Wrote: Make sense that it is under construction, was just curious as thought I was missing something. Maybe I will sit down and work through some names for the fonts, if I can actually figure out what they do and share with you, if you are interested. Let me stress, I am not a coder but I can blunder around the code and change things, somewhat. Tongue And you are right that I need to just make a whole new set, just not sure I have the skills to take that on, but will also give that a whirl.
I have not checked out v2 yet. I definitely like the font that is more bold and less skinny.
Are you going with the blue OSD like in the new version? They gray will no longer be available? Love the gray except for the font being black.
I see the stars on yours but I do not see it on mine. I assume I am missing an addon? If so can you tell me what it is?
Thanks again for your help!!!

Ya, if you want to send me your font.xml I can see how a big font set might look on my TV and convince me to use it Smile I could also add it into the skin settings so it sticks, provided the labels around aren't too jumbled or overlapped.

I've changed both the video and music OSD to the one I screen capped. The grey is gone, and now adheres more to the colour scheme of the theme. (blue only if you had the default theme of course).

Most skins including this mod require SkinHelper add-on for stuff like art/logos and additional item info. It runs as a background web service to grab on the fly. Additionally, you should install Skin Shortcuts and Coloured Studio/Record labels.. all from the Kodi repository.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary Classic MAX6