Recording icons for single and serie recordings
Is it possible to have a different icon in the epg guide for single recordings and serie recordings?

They both look the same now like this.

I think it depends on the PVR add on you're using. Mine looks different.
(2017-03-06, 13:30)Plantje Wrote: I think it depends on the PVR add on you're using. Mine looks different.
Okay thanks. I will add a request in the DVBlogic PVR forum.
Hmmm... you use DVB Logic as well? Then we should see the same thing Smile

Ok, here we go: I use Windows 10 with Kodi on top of that, DVB Link PVR Client. So, I guess we should see the same icons in the EPG
I also use widows 10. In Jarvis an Krypton I have the same result.
What icons do you get?

The icon in my picture is the timer icon and when recording I see a red ball. I like it when it is a serie recording it has an icon with multiple red balls (like mce had) . Timer icon should have the same but the with the clock icon. This way we can see if it is a single or serie recording.
(2017-03-06, 15:05)heula Wrote: I also use widows 10. In Jarvis an Krypton I have the same result.
What icons do you get?

The icon in my picture is the timer icon and when recording I see a red ball. I like it when it is a serie recording it has an icon with multiple red balls (like mce had) . Timer icon should have the same but the with the clock icon. This way we can see if it is a single or serie recording.

I think it's a matter of the skin you are using. Seems, one of you uses Estuary which shows different icons, the other guy uses some other skin that seems not to support all timer states.
(2017-03-06, 18:51)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 15:05)heula Wrote: I also use widows 10. In Jarvis an Krypton I have the same result.
What icons do you get?

I think it's a matter of the skin you are using. Seems, one of you uses Estuary which shows different icons, the other guy uses some other skin that seems not to support all timer states.
Aeon Nox Silvo I'm using.
(2017-03-06, 19:21)heula Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 18:51)ksooo Wrote:
What icons do you get?

Try Estuary and see the difference. It's a skin issue, not an add-on or core issue.
(2017-03-06, 19:23)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 19:21)heula Wrote:
(2017-03-06, 18:51)ksooo Wrote: I think it's a matter of the skin you are using. Seems, one of you uses Estuary which shows different icons, the other guy uses some other skin that seems not to support all timer states.

Try Estuary and see the difference. It's a skin issue, not an add-on or core issue.

Okay thanks. Good to know.
Hmm, I'm using Estuary and never seen anything else than a small semitransparent watch for a timer, and a red ball for a in progress recording. Should there be anything else?
I don't like the small watch, hard to see, and would like a better visual experience with what kind of timer/recording it is. Should this be the case with Estuary?
(2017-03-07, 16:27)raptorjr Wrote: Hmm, I'm using Estuary and never seen anything else than a small semitransparent watch for a timer, and a red ball for a in progress recording. Should there be anything else?
I don't like the small watch, hard to see, and would like a better visual experience with what kind of timer/recording it is. Should this be the case with Estuary?

Hmmm, yes. ;-) If a recording is part of a series recording it will be visualized as "multiple watches".

If you have not set up any series recording rules (timer rules), you won't see anything else than you described above, yes.

Whether you can setup any timer rules depends on your personal Kodi skills and the pvr client add-on you are using. Not all pvr client add-ons support series recordings.
(2017-03-07, 18:50)ksooo Wrote: Hmmm, yes. ;-) If a recording is part of a series recording it will be visualized as "multiple watches".

If you have not set up any series recording rules (timer rules), you won't see anything else than you described above, yes.

Whether you can setup any timer rules depends on your personal Kodi skills and the pvr client add-on you are using. Not all pvr client add-ons support series recordings.

Now I see it. Never liked the watch, not easy to see, and even harder to see that it was two watches =) But now I know.
This could be the only thing I don't like about Estuary. Otherwise a great skin. But not a big problem, always use MythWeb to schedule recordings. Don't find the Kodi interface easy enough for that part.
But I understand that it is probably hard to make it really good when having to support so many different PVR backends and how they do things.
It's a bit of a hassle, but you can change it if you are determined enough. While making changes to Estuary to increase the font sizes in the EPG, I made another change: removed the timer icons and genre colors, and instead color the program cell in the EPG to reflect its timer status.

https://rpcameron.net/kodi/guide-rec_colors.png
(2017-03-07, 21:51)raptorjr Wrote:
(2017-03-07, 18:50)ksooo Wrote: Hmmm, yes. ;-) If a recording is part of a series recording it will be visualized as "multiple watches".

... always use MythWeb to schedule recordings. Don't find the Kodi interface easy enough for that part.

How do you define "not easy enough"? What exactly in Kodi is it that makes you say this?
(2017-03-08, 09:02)ksooo Wrote:
(2017-03-07, 21:51)raptorjr Wrote:

... always use MythWeb to schedule recordings. Don't find the Kodi interface easy enough for that part.

How do you define "not easy enough"? What exactly in Kodi is it that makes you say this?

There are certain features that PVR backends support that the Kodi clients do not. One of these such features is limiting recordings to only new or first-run episodes. Neither MythTV nor Tvheadend's Kodi clients offer this feature, so recording rules must be modified outside of Kodi. (While MythTV does allow this option to be set as a default for new recordings/groups, Tvheadend does not.)

Also, series recordings prior to Kodi 17 were not well implemented. This is much improved in Krypton and beyond, but still not up to where it should/could be. It's clear that Live TV was an afterthought to Kodi that is only recently getting the refinement it needs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording icons for single and serie recordings0