Auto start addon then return to home screen
Hi there. I have looked and can't find the answer so i thought it would be best to ask iin here.

I was wandering wether there was a way to auto start an addon then return to the home screen once its launched.

I have sucessfully got the first part to work using the:

xbmc.executebutin('XBMC.RunAddon(plugin.video.pluginname)') script in autoexec.py but cant get it to return to the home screen.

Can the activatewindow(home) be used as a second command in autoexc.py as im getting a erro when trying this?

or

Can i run/activate the plugin in the background without a gui?

Thanks in advance.

Maddis
Have a posted in the wrong forum?
It would be better in add-on development - I'll move it there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What's your addon trying to do?

Autostarting the addon and having it run in the background sounds like you want a service addon.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Im using spotify and i want to be able to speed the process up of going into a sub menu withing the plugin (which i am adding as a homeshelf shortcut in amber) rather than having to click on the addon itself and waiting for it to load which takes longer. I was trying to seenifni can run it first before navigating into the plugin
I would like to know how to do this too. Did you figured it out or found another way to launch spotify addon and return back to main screen?
(2017-06-17, 16:30)krul Wrote: I would like to know how to do this too. Did you figured it out or found another way to launch spotify addon and return back to main screen?

I haven't figured this out yet unfortuanatley. Hopefully someone on here can still help
(2017-06-20, 22:18)Maddis Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 16:30)krul Wrote: I would like to know how to do this too. Did you figured it out or found another way to launch spotify addon and return back to main screen?

I haven't figured this out yet unfortuanatley. Hopefully someone on here can still help
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin("RunPlugin(plugin.video.pluginname')", True)
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto start addon then return to home screen0