Changing Theme via Remote?
Hi,

I have an idea but not sure if it's possible since I'm not a skin dev. I use Phillips hue light strip on the back of the tv, and when changing the color of it to red, blue, or green it would be cool if I could trigger Aeon MQ 7 to change to a matching color theme, by sending KODI a command via remote or json. Is this doable?

Thx
(2017-03-07, 00:46)leejk Wrote: Hi,

I have an idea but not sure if it's possible since I'm not a skin dev. I use Phillips hue light strip on the back of the tv, and when changing the color of it to red, blue, or green it would be cool if I could trigger Aeon MQ 7 to change to a matching color theme, by sending KODI a command via remote or json. Is this doable?

Thx
I use something like this in (part of) a script:
Quote:import xbmc
xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue","id":1,"params":{"setting":"lookandfeel.skintheme","value":"gray"}}')
You could set that to a favourite / remote button / skin shortcut.
Cool. Do you use that with MQ? MQ has themes that can be selected in its settings, so would like to change that. I didn't know if the skin had to be modified to allow changing themes remotely.

Thx
No, that's for changing skin themes in the main 'Interface' page (on Krypton) - if they're not selectable there (ie stored in guisettings.xml rather than in addon_settings/skin.name/settings.xml) it won't work.
Just realised there's also 'Skin.Theme(1)' which will toggle through skin themes. See list_of_built-in_functions (wiki)
If MQ is storing them in settings.xml (I have no idea if that's the case, I wasn't aware skins did that) I guess you could do something with Skin.setbool or similar (on the same page).
Thanks for the links. I don't quite understand tho how Skin.SetBool would be used in a command string, unless it's Aeon MQ7.SetBool("reddish") but that looks wrong. Could give an example?

Thx
No, sorry, because I've only used the method I suggested in post #2. The rest was me speculating, based on your 'MQ has themes that can be selected in its settings'.
If it were me I'd start by rooting around to see where the theme is actually saved - in skin.aeon.thingy/settings.xml? - in guisettings.xml? - and what the relevant line says about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing Theme via Remote?0