Win Kodi 17 KERNELBASE.dll error
Exclamation 
Hello, tried installing Kodi 17 x64 bit for Windows (win7) and after I open it, it throws an app crash error related to KERNELBASE.dll

thanks

PD: thinks i've already tried

* Restart PC
* sfc /scannow
* Create new windows Admin account
* Deleting KODI folder from roaming folder
Nothing unusual in the debug log would indicate trouble, the log is cut off after a bit of routine operations. I'm wondering if you would be so kind as to try again sans playercorefactory.xml (rename it or move it out of the folder) perhaps a Krypton 17.1RC might work out. You wouldn't happen to have some unusual device plugged into the computer?
Tried moving "playercorefactory.xml" and it still crashes with same error, plus i only have the mouse and keyboard connected, nothing else...

I'll try RC to see if it works
RC does not crash at all... So i guess I'll have to wait for the new release?
Quote:RC does not crash at all...
What's to wait for... if 17.1rc works well, it's likely you'll be an earlier adopter.
Just launche Kodi with -p parameter
and it will solve the probleme

add to kodi shortcut target Kodi.exe -p
(2017-04-02, 23:42)goliasse Wrote: Just launche Kodi with -p parameter

goliasse...

I am having the same kernelbase.dll error so my Kodi doesn't open. Please explain, step by step (not a computer savvy) how you fixed it launching with -p parameter. I am not sure what you meant and how to do this. I really appreciate your help with this.
I tried goliasse's solution and it worked for me. My update to Kodi17.1 on Win7 also crashed immediately because of kernelbase.dll.

Caritoarias, check this out: https://superuser.com/questions/29569/ho...o-shortcut

Basically:
1. right click the kodi shortcut, select properties
2. change the Target to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe" -p

Hope this helps.

Hey goliasse, would you mind explaining what the -p does? Thanks.
The -p option launches Kodi in portable mode. This means that the data and settings for Kodi are not stored in your normal profile folder, but underneath the same folder as the kodi.exe file. It does not 'fix' any bugs in the code, simply uses a new 'portable' profile. If you've never used the -p option Kodi will create a new portable settings profile, and basically appear like a new installation (first time only). Subsequent launches will then use the portable profile.
(2017-04-02, 23:42)goliasse Wrote: Just launche Kodi with -p parameter

Thx mate..
After few hour of suffering and srching, u saved my life!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 KERNELBASE.dll error2