v17 SOLVED- Weird mp3 and UI sound problem
First of all my problems started exactly like the situation in this thread.

Long story short, I wiped the drive in my Chromebox and did a fresh install of LE 8.0 (Kodi 17). Now I have no navigation sounds, but the really strange problem is that Kodi won't play MOST of my music collection. For most albums, there is no sound although the on-screen counter works like normal. The weird part is that some albums DO play normally. All are .mp3's

Debug log

These logs were grabbed right after I had re-imaged the drive, switched to the Metropolis skin, scanned one of my music folders and attempted to play something. The first selection played normally, the second didn't.

Does the lack of UI sounds provide a clue?

I've been using the same Chromebox for 2 years now (thanks MattDevo!) and although I've had minor problems, Music has been the one aspect of Kodi that I could always count on. I'd appreciate any help, suggestions or guidance.

Tobor
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the Chromebox is connected to a Pioneer AVR, if that makes any difference.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Choose fixed 48khz in audio config. Issue between pioneer and Intel GPU.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-03-09, 20:29)fritsch Wrote: Choose fixed 48khz in audio config. Issue between pioneer and Intel GPU.

Are you referring to the advancedsettings.xml...

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

...or is there a GUI setting that I missed?
Found it. Thank you fritsch.

In case anyone else encounters this problem, Under System=>Audio I had to switch "Output Configuration" to "Fixed". "Limit Sampling rate (kHz)" was preset to 48, so I left it alone.
(2017-03-09, 23:57)Tobor Wrote:
(2017-03-09, 20:29)fritsch Wrote: Choose fixed 48khz in audio config. Issue between pioneer and Intel GPU.

Are you referring to the advancedsettings.xml...

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

...or is there a GUI setting that I missed?

This setting does not exist. You missed the GUI setting.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SOLVED- Weird mp3 and UI sound problem0