A few questions about first repo
Information 
1)
Each time I add a new add-on or a new version...
Do users need to select "Update" on the repo?
Or does KODI occasionally update repo data by it self?
Does an update also pull in entirely new add-ons I have added to the repo?

2)
I notice add-on descriptions don't show when browsing add-ons in repos.
Is this a bug? It seems just the "<news>" item is shown while in repo browser mode.
Should I use "news" to describe the add-on?
Surely it should just show news if the ad-don is already installed, otherwise show description so users know what the add-on does.
1) If automatic updates is enabled, Kodi will update, if not, the user will need to update.
2)<news> takes the place of the changelog in Krypton.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Is it normal that KODI uses the <news> instead of <description> when listing add-ons when browsing repos?
Even when an add-on is selected - you still can't see the description of the add-on - seems odd?

eg. if you browse any repo in KODI, there is next to no information about the add-ons (until you actually install them)
Someone from Team Kodi can answer better than I, but in my limited exposure to Krypton I believe that is normal (and yes, odd).

EDIT: Just fired up my system with Krypton and I am seeing the description while browsing add-ons in the settings, using Estuary (ugh), Confluence, and Aeon Nox. Maybe you could post a screenshot of what you are seeing?
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Oh, I tried on Windows and it's working.

Possibly a LireELEC bug on Raspberry Pi then.
(A will investigate further and report it to them)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few questions about first repo0