v17 No Install from Repository
I downloaded Kodi 17 tonight and when I went through and added all my add-ons, and then went to install them, there's no 'install from repository' option. The tutorials all seem to have a number of options in the add-on browser (yes, the browser, not just add-ons), but all I have is My add-ons; Install from zip file; and Search. I'm in way over my head...Help!
It is really irritating when people post a problem with no useful information, and expect other folks to simply guess what the issue is. It's more irritating when someone compounds the issue with a "me too!" post - you registered to type five words? None of them useful in terms of what platform, what skin, where you're looking, what you're seeing?

Krypton. Default skin (Estuary). Hover over "addons" on the left-hand menu. At the top of the screen, you'll see "Install from repository". Alternatively, select "addons" on the left-hand menu. Package icon at the top - select this. Select "Install from repository" on the resulting menu.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Probably all videos online are based on older Kodi 16.1

Almost all videos online tell you how to install banned piracy addons and/or repositories

So my next question will be: what addon do you try to install?
Moanbag is in da place!
Prof Yaffle's hint is correct so if you don't see the "install from Repository" option there is something not right. In order for us to help you along the way we need more information than just "it doesn't work".
To the topicstarter: what do you mean by the phrase "I added all my adons and then went on to install them". In my book, adding addons is identical to installing them. If you can't access the repository, how are you adding addons and why do you need the repository if you've already added them?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Install from Repository0