PC versus MAC
My son set up KODI on Firestick with PC. I am using it on IMAC. I have V16.1 and working. QUESTION: For optimum performance, do I need to remove current version and install MAC version (if there is one)? If not how do I upgrade to latedt version!
It will make no difference to the Firestick which system put it on there. AFAIK to upgrade you simply install the latest version on the Firestick.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Indeed. If Kodi is on the Firestick then it's the *stick* that's running the program, not any system it gets plugged into. If you're "using it on an iMac" then I guess you have it plugged into an HDMI port or perhaps via some adapter, effectively using the Apple device as a monitor - but that's all you're doing, the iMac isn't running anything.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
I am confused. I wasn't aware iMacs had video INPUT. Like ever, at all.
They don't i think...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
iMacs can be put into target display mode. I'm not sure if you can do it with a fire tv stick though. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204592

edit: That is to say, older iMacs could. Newer ones can't.
Ineresting. Sounds like its not possible with hdmi though
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I understood it as, he has two installations of KODI. One on his son's firestick, and another on his iMac.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Yeah, but why would he ask to install the MAC version?

i.e::: what is he currently running on his iMac? I am running Mac version with no problem ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC versus MAC0