Linux Clueless in Canada
I am about to install Kodi on a laptop running Linux Mint 18.1. However, from a quick look thru the forums I see names of add-ons such as a "PVR". I need to know if this direction makes sense.

My question is: what do I need in terms of hardware and software to simply stream network news, PBS, and some series from the BBC, and NHL hockey games.

Where I am, I cannot directly access PBS, Canadian news networks, or hockey without a subscription, etc.

I had tried streaming a few years ago, through free proxy servers, but access suddenly stopped at for all channels.

As I have no income at this time, free services would obviously be desirable.

Thanks
Lou.
Get the PBS ThinkTV add-on from @learningit. You should be able to access the occasional free hockey game from the NHL.tv add-on from @eracknaphobia. Not sure about Canadian news or BBC shows, but there's probably an add-on though that will provide some limited free access. Just search the forum.

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum_rules (wiki), especially section 2.5.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
If you need a subscription, we are not going to help you bypass paying.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clueless in Canada0