Req Allow texture re-cache interval to be configured via advancedsettings
For the texture cache db, by default Kodi checks if the original image which was used to populate the cache has changed on a 24 hour interval.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Cache
Quote:9. If it's been at least 24 hours since the texture was last loaded, we check whether or not the cached version needs to be refreshed from the original image. If so, we cache the image as outlined above.

I assume this is designed to check if images have been changed on online databases. However it also seems to apply to images which are stored alongside the media files.

This check causes unwanted daily disk spinup for users with large libraries stored across dozens of disks on unstriped arrays (unRAID etc).

Example 1
Example 2

My request is to allow this check interval to be set by the user in advancedsettings.
Posts are from 2012. Are you sure it still does that? My NAS spins down and has local image files, and I've never heard it spin up without me doing something to cause it.
(2017-03-12, 12:37)Pantsenu Wrote: Posts are from 2012. Are you sure it still does that?

The wiki says it does. See 3.9
http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork/Cache
that page mentions "xbmc" and has a warning about needing to be updated. Assume it is also outdated. My drives remain spundown.
(2017-03-13, 13:00)Pantsenu Wrote: that page mentions "xbmc" and has a warning about needing to be updated. Assume it is also outdated. My drives remain spundown.

If you have knowledge that the caching procedure has changed then by all means share it...otherwise random assumptions that the official wiki is wrong are unhelpful.

A dev describes the procedure here and says he may eventually make the interval configurable. So that's all the feature request is.
When in doubt test things to see the current behavior. Your only examples of this causing an issue are from two years ago. Have you observed this behavior? Im not able to replicate it using Krypto.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow texture re-cache interval to be configured via advancedsettings0