Logitech Harmony works on Kodi 16 but not on Kodi 17
Bug 
I just installed Kodi 17 from the Windows 10 Store.

Everything worked great, movie data, addons etc. worked great.

But I'm having problems with my Logitech Harmony 650 remote.
Navigation works just fine when I start Kodi 16. But when I start up Kodi 17 navigation almost never works, and when it does it is spotty and laggy.
What information can I provide to help?
Is there a known problem with remote controls?

The system is a NUC6i5SYH
Kodi: 17.1-RC1 GIT: 20170223-1A80820

NEW INFORMATION

It turns out that the "Kodi Joystick Library" plugin is the one guilty here. When that plugin is enabled, I cannot use my Logitech remote reliably.
But if I deactivate that plugin, I cannot use my Wireless Xbox 360 controller. Which I can live with, but a little frustrating when I have been gaming, and already have the controller in my hand.
This worked fine in Kodi 16, so something went wrong in Kodi 17.

I would love to provide a bunch of logs and other useful information, I just need to know what and how Wink

The version of the Plugin is 1.3.1 and is set to "auto-update"
Why RC1? Kodi 17 has been released.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh, my bad.
In that case I may be using the latest version. I'm using the version from the Windows Store.
EDIT: This is the version of Kodi: 17.1-RC1 GIT: 20170223-1A80820
Did you accidentally put something in front of the IR receiver? Good batteries? Dirty transmitter window?

I think it's actually Windows that handles the remote control. At least on my setup.

My Logitech 520 works fine set up as a "Media Center PC". On a Windows 10 Pro, Kodi 17.1 (from Kodi.tv) and a USB IR receiver that came with my VRC-1100 Vista MCE remote. That is a RC-5 not RC-6.
I am pretty sure that it is the version of Kodi that is the problem.

I just tried the following:
1. Started Kodi 17, remote doesn't work
2. Closed Kodi 17, starting Kodi 16, remote works
3. Closed Kodi 16, starting Kodi 17, remote doesn't work

Is there some way that I can check in Kodi and see what controllers / inputs it can see?
Have I got you covered in wiki's!

Keymap (wiki)
Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)
OW-TO:Modify keymaps (wiki)
Alternative keymaps for most remotes (wiki)

Class dismissed!
Been using the same Harmony 900 for many versions of XBMC throughout Kodi to v.17 now. I've never changed anything from the original mapping done years ago. I've been trying to think what you might have changed between versions 16 - 17 and don't realize? It should migrate over without any new adjustment. I use a keyboard.xml for alphabet skipping while browsing. I have to import it when ever I start from scratch. Do you have some special xml in v.16 you forgot to copy over to v.17?

I would try to install v.17 from the download section here at Kodi instead of the W10 store for starters. Can't imagine why it would make a difference but it is a difference since the folder structure is changed when using W10 store app I think. Rename your existing setup so it's easy to restore later if need be. Don't just install v.17 over v.16. Do a fresh install and see if it works.

If you made a new activity for Kodi v.17 in your Harmony setup, does it match v.16, especially button mapping?

Really curious why this doesn't work you going from version to version?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I'm not sure why there would be any difference between Jarvis and Krypton with this but it has to be your Harmony configuration that's the problem. I have 3 Harmony 650s all controlling Krypton (2 NUCs and a desktop PC) and they work just the same as ever.

My Kodi activity in the Logitech software is set to use the "Microsoft MCE Keyboard" and the "Microsoft MCE Remote" devices. The keyboard device handles everything except the directional and 'OK' buttons which use the MCE remote. Have you got it set up like that?
Did you use a modified keyboard.xml in Kodi 16? If so, have you copied it to your Kodi 17 installation?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
So I just tried uninstalling the Windows Store app.
I then downloaded the 17.1 RC1 from the download page, installed it on top of Kodi 16 and now it works.
If I install kodi from Windows Store it still works in that version too.

I don't know what I did wrong before, but now it works Smile
NEW INFORMATION

It turns out that the "Kodi Joystick Library" plugin is the one guilty here. When that plugin is enabled, I cannot use my Logitech remote reliably.
But if I deactivate that plugin, I cannot use my Wireless Xbox 360 controller. Which I can live with, but a little frustrating when I have been gaming, and already have the controller in my hand.
This worked fine in Kodi 16, so something went wrong in Kodi 17.

I would love to provide a bunch of logs and other useful information, I just need to know what and how Wink

The version of the Plugin is 1.3.1 and is set to "auto-update"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony works on Kodi 16 but not on Kodi 171