v17 Settings in remote.xml are ignored, why?
Question 
Hello everyone!

i am trying to set my teletext key to a different behavior.

irw outpout for the key to set :

Code:
000000037ff07ba5 00 KEY_TEXT mceusb
000000037ff07ba5 01 KEY_TEXT mceusb

so lookup kodis lircmapping in :
Code:
grep KEY_TEXT /usr/share/kodi/system/Lircmap.xml
                <teletext>KEY_TEXT</teletext>
                <teletext>KEY_TEXT</teletext>

so the xmlkey to set in /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/remote.xml is <teletext>.
for figuring things out i just set it to Mute, before i figure out how to open the channellistwindow.
Code:
<global>
    <remote>
      <teletext>Mute</teletext>
    </remote>
  </global>

the key isnt nowhere else defined, just for debugging my issue. Later it will go to the right section.

No mater what i do kodi keeps ignoring my remote.xml. if its in /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps or ~/.kodi/userdata/keymaps does not make any difference. Undecided

I am targeting the channels list(OSD) in fullscreen livetv after this is solved.

Any Ideas?
derdigge
I'm having essentially the same issue. About 2/3 of the buttons on my Firefly remote are ignored.
I've even gone as far as removing all other remote codes.

IRW output matches driver listings and all buttons give a result.
Debug in Kodi shows that it sees the buttons being pressed, but doesn't do anything with them.

I discovered that the button names in the lircmap didn't match irw so I've gone through to match 'em up, restarted LIRC, restarted PC, still no love.
I had a similar issue where then I upgraded to Krypton, the remote didn't work. I use Lirc with an MCE profile. Previously my .kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml looked like this:

Code:
<lircmap>
  <remote device="mceusb">
    <redkey>KEY_RED</redkey>
  </remote>
</lircmap>

And in .kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml (this was years ago but I think some remotes are seen as keyboards. Changed remotes since then but it still works)

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <t mod="ctrl,shift">ContextMenu</t>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

edit: I remember the above file was for an older remote, my current function I put in to get the context menu is in .kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml and listed down below

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <start>ContextMenu</start>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

But on Krypton that didn't work along with any buttons on the remote. I had to end up coping the commands for my remote from /usr/share/kodi/system/Lircmap.xml into the .kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml:

Code:
<lircmap>
        <remote device="mceusb">
         <!-- new kernel-based lirc button names -->  # I left this line out from the original Lircmap.xml but don't use the list of commands that are above this
                <eject>KEY_EJECTCD</eject>
                <left>KEY_LEFT</left>
                 <clear>KEY_CLEAR</clear>
                <enter>KEY_ENTER</enter>
        </remote>

About 49 lines worth for me, and then after that everything worked as intended.

From the wiki:
  • All *.xml files from the default install settings and userdata/kemaps/ folders are applied as keymaps. All *.xml files are processed in alphabetical order. Keymaps defined in an .xml file add to or override mappings in previous .xml file. Keymaps defined in the userdata folder add to or override mappings in the global keymap.
  • All *.xml files are processed in alphabetical order.
  • Keymaps defined in an .xml file add to or override mappings in previous .xml file.
  • Keymaps defined in the userdata folder add to or override mappings in the global keymap.
Anyone continuing to have this sort of problem should post a debug log (wiki). It will show which xml files are read, and if any have errors.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi, I'm using kodi v17.6 over arclinux ARM running on an ODROID C1+ , having this issue too. I'm only able to navigate kodi GUI with a keyboard attached to the board, no luck with Logitech gamepad and no luck with custom IR remote device. The events are shown in kodi.log, so kodi can read my remote however actions doesn't seems to be mapped or something. My kodi installation uses /var/lib/kodi/.kodi as home, so I'm putting Lircmap.xml (which seems to work as expected) under /var/lib/kodi/.kodi/userdata and my remote.xml (taken from here) under /var/lib/kodi/.kodi/userdata/keymaps. Here I leave you my kodi log with some key presses from remote.

Thanks in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings in remote.xml are ignored, why?0