v17 kodi 17 dts does not work, ok with kodi 16
I can not find the configuration "pulseaudio" in the menu, in the previous page there are copies of my screen settings.
read this from the wiki

http://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio
I checked and I am well in HDMI in 2.0 but still the same, I really tried full of thing but nothing to do. By cons I am in 17 and I have a message that says the 17.1 is available, I can not update it directly from kodi?
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

should do it for ya from a terminal

And yes sorry i missed looking at your screenshots they look ok and no pulseaudio in use by the looks of it, but lot of audio problems are related to pulseaudio if its in use best without it if your just running kodi
I'm on a QNAP NAS, I do not know if I can connect in SSH and run those commands.
Ask QNAP.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello All, I've decided to submit also my response.

I'm fighting with the same issue as above.
Using kodi 16 or 16.1, enabled passtrough. Both Dolby and DTS working perfectly fine on my Yamaha AMP.
When finally decided to upgrade to KODI_17 problems started in DTS topic.
DD works fine (even 7.1 configuration).
When opening DTS movie, AMP blinks for a moment (like it's trying to connect DTS), but finally stays in PCM mode - which means that KODI is decoding (and sending decoded audio channel), not AMP (passthrough not enabled).
I'm using it in Android setup box for TV (X96).

It's definitely not the hardware issue because it was fine on KODI_16.
Then for me I had a track, I deleted everything and then reinstalled kodi and everything is working again. I want to go back with kodi backup and the problems come back so I do not use the backup program anymore and done everything by hand, even if it is very long, other problems later occurred as the impossibility to change the Skins interface but I do with as long as I find the DTS.
(2017-04-09, 10:35)jkayser Wrote: Hello All, I've decided to submit also my response.

I'm fighting with the same issue as above.
Using kodi 16 or 16.1, enabled passtrough. Both Dolby and DTS working perfectly fine on my Yamaha AMP.
When finally decided to upgrade to KODI_17 problems started in DTS topic.
DD works fine (even 7.1 configuration).
When opening DTS movie, AMP blinks for a moment (like it's trying to connect DTS), but finally stays in PCM mode - which means that KODI is decoding (and sending decoded audio channel), not AMP (passthrough not enabled).
I'm using it in Android setup box for TV (X96).

It's definitely not the hardware issue because it was fine on KODI_16.

Don't highjack others posts, use the forum search or directly read sticky topics: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735 - This is NOT the android forum here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
and make sure pulseaudio is not your problrm before you start a thread as theres tons of info on it and the info in the wiki is still viable

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17 dts does not work, ok with kodi 160