Solved Kodi can't start, missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
Hello,

While trying to install and run Krypton on two of my Windows 7 machines, I have run across this error that is keeping Kodi from starting:

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Needless to say, reinstalling did not fix the problem. I have searched for and found that this has something to do with the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 failing to install.

Do any of you folks have a cure for this? Shouldn't Kodi do a system check for missing dll's and install if needed or tell us what we need to install?

Both of these Windows 7 machines worked fine with Kodi 16.1. They only stopped after upgrade.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Mark
(2017-03-13, 00:47)mwkurt Wrote: Hello,

While trying to install and run Krypton on two of my Windows 7 machines, I have run across this error that is keeping Kodi from starting:

The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Needless to say, reinstalling did not fix the problem. I have searched for and found that this has something to do with the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 failing to install.

Do any of you folks have a cure for this? Shouldn't Kodi do a system check for missing dll's and install if needed or tell us what we need to install?

Both of these Windows 7 machines worked fine with Kodi 16.1. They only stopped after upgrade.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Mark
Kodi Krypton is compiled with VS 2015 not 2017 for windows. The installer does include the vc 2015 x86 runtime installer from MS. You could try running the VC runtime installer by itself with I think a "verbose" switch to see what happens. Typical is you are missing an OS KB update that prevents the VC runtime from installing.

scott s.
I believe @scott s is on target. Have a look here. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=309584
Thank you patK. Sorry I didn't post, but I got my problem straightened out by installing Windows update KB2999226.

Thanks again folks!
Mark
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can't start, missing api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll1