v17 Problems buffering (fast forward on buffering)
Hello.

I am using LibreELEC with Kodi 17.1rc1 although I had the same problem with kodi 16.1.

When watching live streams (or sometimes just streaming something using TS fragments) when there is not enough stream "buffered" kodi pauses for buffering. Buffering is understandable but what it does after buffering is looks like skipping the whole buffer in the "fast forward" mode to catch up to what it would be showing if it would not stop for buffering.

This behavior renders the buffering completely useless as it will mostly stop again to buffer and then fast forward again.

I have spotted this behavior with FilmOn addon and with an addon I wrote myself for different service (rutube).

This seems to be related to how ffmpeg handles the downloading or to the interaction between ffmpeg and KODI.
I am compiling the LE from scratch and feel OK to dig into the ffmpeg code to search for a solution if required.

Can someone provide me any leads where should I dig ? ffmepg source ? Kodi-17 VideoPlayer source ?
Can inputStream help me here ? (tried inpustream.mpd, works with the example mpd but when I use gpac m3u8 to mpd the resulting mpd is not accepted for some reason).
The problem seems pretty major so I believe there should be some kind of solution somewhere as this kind of buffer handling is just doesn't makes sense.

I tried asking google but "Kodi" and "buffering" is overused keywords that render the search results completely irrelevant.

Any information is highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
in 17 they changed the stream handling to be fully in ffmpeg to support hls v4 streams, from DVDInputStreamFFmpeg to DVDDemuxFFmpeg
Will check the ffmpeg code and see if I find anything then.

From my current observations the behavior I described happens in both v16.1 and v17.1rc1 pretty much the same way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems buffering (fast forward on buffering)0