Show movie information of items in the favorites and when showing a movie?
How can one show the movie / series information of items in the favorites and when showing a movie / series?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
I don't think favourites was meant to direct access library features in this fashion, but with the favourite activated, you will see your movie prior to playing it as a file then using the keybaord 'i' (or activating the context menu) will bring the information page. I like to use favourites for smart-playlists, tags and node collections.
Sorry, what does "but with the favourite activated" mean? How can I do it?

Quote:you will see your movie prior to playing it as a file then using the keybaord 'i' (or activating the context menu) will bring the information page
I cannot find a possibility to show the video file like that, so I cannot use "i" to show the movie informationen that way. I have to search for the movie and then press "i".

Quote:I like to use favourites for smart-playlists, tags and node collections.
What it the advantage of using favorites instead of using the common entries of the data base?
Activating Favourites is to 'click on the word 'Favourites' from the first screen (also might be called home screen). Find your favourite video, clicking on that video will not directly play it but take you to an information screen. The information here is not comprehensive but usually sufficient to most needs. The support forum for Estuary is here http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260 and modifications and alternatives are discussed. Each skin has it's own capabilities and suggest that you explore other skins that might be better suited to your needs. Links for skins/comparisons can be found in my signature below. keybaord 'c' is universal to bring the context menu, and 'I' for the information screen if available.
Quote:What is the advantage of using favourites instead of using the common entries of the data base?
Favourites can be used as home page custom button links, e.g. Smart playlist bring all my Anime to the screen, Set that playlist as a favourite, Link that favourite with a home screen button. "Button that brings Anime", Groupings as favourites, Nodes as Favourites, Sets as Favourites.. or just a list of movies you want to explore later. Think of it as a post-it note, for videos.
Quote:Activating Favourites is to 'click on the word 'Favourites' from the first screen (also might be called home screen).
I am not quite sure, so open the favorite window, I guess, it might be such a symbol:

Quote:clicking on that video will not directly play it
Hmmm, clicking it here the video is played directly in Confluence.. I had treid Estuary before. Thanks for the link.

Quote:Each skin has it's own capabilities and suggest that you explore other skins that might be better suited to your needs.
Yes, it might be hard to find such a skin.

Quote:Links for skins/comparisons can be found in my signature below.
Good, I will have a look.

Quote:Link that favourite with a home screen button.
Yes, so I would have to find a skin supporting that.

Quote:Think of it as a post-it note, for videos.
Yes, I see, I am already using such.
I guess I got a little ahead of myself, if 'Favourites' is not a menu button in the home page, you'll have to go to (the gear icon) settings>skin settings>main menu items>favourites and toggle it on.
Quote:I would have to find a skin supporting that.
Look for support for custom buttons.
Alright, thank you very much
Something must be wrong with my experience throughout all these years then.
Favorites has never displayed anything except the title name and poster art.
Focusing on a title and pressing 'I' or 'C' or any key for that matter has no affect.
Pressing play has never taken me to a magic window where I can then select 'I' or 'C'. It just begins playback.
If it's an iso, I get a playlist to select from but no info window or context menu can be selected from it.

Doesn't matter the skin. Estuary for example does not behave like you have described.
Have I missed a setting someplace or has every fresh install I've done throughout the years been broken from the get go?

I've even requested a revamp of the favorites menu for the very reasons the OP has mentioned.
It's always seemed silly to me that favorites just stores the name of a title but zero info about that title.
Suppose you pick a few movies for family and friends night. You show them what they can choose from. First thing said is "what's that one about?" Well, you can't show them info like a synopsis, a trailer, or even what year it came out. So, you navigate and browse for it until you finally locate it and then you can compare it to one of the other possibilities in the favorites list. Of course you have to return to that and repeat the process. If you have 5 choices, half the night will be gone before you make a decision. Sure would be convenient if it simply linked like the library itself and acted like a deposit for shortcuts.

I always assumed it was like this for everyone because it was suggested I use add-ons that still didn't fulfill the purpose or better yet create ultra complicated playlists that were next to impossible to edit and update with any sort of reasonable constraint on constant data input.

What am I doing wrong? I too want to see some info about a title I've added to 'Favorites' without having to back out and go surf the library for it.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1 saving a movie as a favourite in file mode, then selecting that favourite takes you to the file mode with that movie in focus 'I' will take you to the information screen, and likewise you can bring up the context menu. It may be that you are setting the favourite directly from the library listing. In file mode you can set sources or sub folders as favourites. Let's say I have a sub folder inside 'sets' for 'James Bond', make it a favourite and all your Bond video would show from favourites, backing up one level and all your 'sets' show. Yes favourites could be handled a lot better, but keeping SF allows that kind of hierarchy, so I'm complacent atm.
I'm completely naïve here. You might need to spell it out for me like a 4 yr old if you'd be so kind.
Ok. My 1st screw up is adding a title from the library to favorites will never let me navigate to I or C. Correct?

Estuary.

When I navigate to:
Home screen
Videos
Movies (combination of multiple HDD's scanned in) I assume this is file mode.
Title
Focus on a title
Context menu
Add to Favorites

Open side menu. There is no Favorites.
Back out to Home Screen
Open Favorites
Scroll to title
Press C or I and nothing happens.
Press enter, title plays if it's an mkv or brings up playlist for iso.

Where did I go wrong?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Go through video mode, you will have the opportunity to use 'i' or 'c' but you are correct library mode saved favourites will be direct to video. My use of favourites by the numbers you can see the use has put many files in a hierarchy and could be many sub folders deep. Switching skins from Transparency! to Estuary, this hierarchy holds, it's just the layout is graphically slightly different.

If the final file in focus is within your library the meta data will be shown in the usual manner 'i' or 'c'
Quote:saving a movie as a favourite in file mode
Sorry, how / where can one do it? Cannot get it to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show movie information of items in the favorites and when showing a movie?1