v15 SOLVED: Media Not Showing After Switch From Wired to Wireless
I'm having a most peculiar issue. I've been streaming media off my NAS for a while with no issue, but I moved my TV/Pi to the another room where I have to use a wireless USB dongle on the Pi and for some reason none of my media is showing under TV and MOVIES. If I go to VIDEO>FILES the shares are still there, still labeled, I can browse to them and play the shows or movies no problem.

I've tried re-syncing the library, rebooting the device, I've tried removing the media share and remapping, no luck. One other odd thing, when I go into my TV or Movies shares to set the content type, it lets me set it to say, Movies. But when I save it and go back in, the content type is back to None. I think this is a symptom of the problem, I'm just not sure the answer.

Please let me know what info you need to help troubleshoot, thanks!

Kodi 15
OpenELEC
Pi 2
Post a link to your debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The first thing I'd do is upgrade to the latest LibreELEC, just because.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
My sound dumb BUT is your WiFi dishing out a different IP Scheme?

For Instance your hardwired network may be 192.168.1.xxx

WiFi may be 192.168.2.xxx

Check that first. Stranger things have happened.

Also have you cleaned the library in KODI. It's somewhere in System I can't remember offhand exactly where.
But you should clean your library now that you did all of this so KODI force removes it's associations.
THEN you start over and see what happens.
You are half correct, it didn't change from 192.168.1.xx to 192.168.2.xx but since the Ethernet port and the WiFi are different, the Pi will request a new/different IP address from your router when you switch between the two. You may have set a static IP for your pi when it was hardwired, and that will still be active when you plug it back in, but it's not going to keep that IP address for both wired and WiFi.

Either scan your network to figure out what the wireless IP address and use that or change the WiFi ip it to a static ip address.
IF your router allows it, and most do now, I'd suggest using DHCP Reservations for your devices instead of a Static IPs. They are basically the same thing, the only difference is that DHCP is administering the Static Routes AND by using it you can see all your static routes from within the Routers GUI, which is a nice way to keep track and edit them as well as never having to manually set IP info on multiple devices.

As an example of where this is nice, I had a WD Live Plus TV that I upgraded to a WD Live TV Hub. I wanted to keep the IP the same. With a DHCP Reservation I changed that MAC Address, saved it, connected new device and it was a done deal. 1,2,3, super easy. No more setting IP's on each device manually, DHCP does all the work.

It works really really well. and I love that from one interface I can see and manage all the attached devices.

I only use Static IP for Printers on my network, and that's only because there's only 2 of them and I want the printers off the scope.
Okay found the issue, I checked my log files and I was seeing the below error over and over:

Code:
ERROR: Unable to open database: (Can't connect to MySQL server on '10.10.10.10' (101))

After a Google I found that this commonly meant that the network connection wasn't being made by the time the database was being accessed. There's a setting in OpenELEC > Network > Wait For Network and I set the timeout for 30 seconds to be sure that it had time to connect.

BOOM! That did the trick Wink

Apparently when the Pi was on a wired connection this wasn't an issue, but my wifi dongle was taking too long to connect, explaining why wifi looked like the problem when in fact it was a symptom. Rookie mistake, I should have checked my logs before posting. Either way hope this helps someone else, thanks for the feedback.
(2017-03-23, 23:41)nim6us Wrote: I should have checked my logs before posting.

That's why it's usually the first thing you're asked for... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-03-24, 00:17)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 23:41)nim6us Wrote: I should have checked my logs before posting.

That's why it's usually the first thing you're asked for... Smile

I can't tell you how many times I can't even get to the log files lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SOLVED: Media Not Showing After Switch From Wired to Wireless0