[KODI 17 ]Iptv drops connection after 5 minutes
Hi guys i have Simple client running on my Nvidia Shield 2017 .
Installed iptv successful including epg and everything.
i see the guide and channels. Then i go watch.... i have prefect picture .
But after about 5 minutes it kicks me out and im back at my Tv guide .

What problem am i facing here , i have read multiple threads everywhere , but no one had a "Real" solution or cause of it

Specs : Nvidia shield
Version: Kodi 17
I.T Pro here......

Are you connected through Wifi or Hardwired Ethernet to the Shield TV?

Sounds to me like a network related issue. Possibly with your router. BUT before you go bonkers...

If you can contact the creator of the app and ask if they are experiencing issues. TRUST ME do this and don;t drive yourself nuts doing the below possible fixes and waste your time to find out the app you're using sucks.

I know I know vague right? Well...... if you did the above.... 1st thing's 1st.

Check the WiFi channel you're on. If on 2.4ghz try moving to the 5ghz IF you have it. If not it is seriously time to upgrade that router.

Next check signal strength of the WiFi at this location. It isn't the perfect solution BUT you can use your cell phone or a laptop to check the signal strength.
Low signal strength WILL AFFECT consistency in streaming.

If you're hardwired like my Shield TV is I must ask... are your switches and or router GIGABIT or 10/100?

Again if you're 10/100 and not GIGABIT much like 2.4ghz vs 5ghz WiFi it is time to upgrade.

Streaming over 10/100 networks has it's share of stability issues especially with Hi Def.

Tell me your setup and I'll try to guide you.
my thoughts exactly , but how come the issue doesn't due after a couple of minutes, why not instant ?

everything i run is wired, the iptv is the only thing not running. everything else Netflix , kodi ,youtube etc running 1080P fine , but with iptv not so much.
With my connection is nothing wrong, pulling Max 25 MB/sec over here. so nothing slow about that.
So you can state, the stuff im running switch & router is nothing wrong ( Asus RT-AC66 and 3Com Gigabit switch)

i was hoping someone had the same issue, and give me a point in the right direction Huh
Source of the IPTV likely
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hmm i found out, that with an external app through the playstore, gives the same results . (iptv Vlc Mx player )
So we can conclude its not Kodi / Simple client related.

Even when in install it on my pc, after short period of time . it kicks me of.
And i do not get any Notice of any error on my screen.

What am i missing here. If my router should block any port or ip or something. Why kick me after a short period of time. Then it should make more sense, that it should happen instant.

and my friend , which uses the same provider. doesn't have any problems at al, running the same shield as i am.
(2017-03-17, 22:40)Roberto® Wrote: my thoughts exactly , but how come the issue doesn't due after a couple of minutes, why not instant ?

everything i run is wired, the iptv is the only thing not running. everything else Netflix , kodi ,youtube etc running 1080P fine , but with iptv not so much.
With my connection is nothing wrong, pulling Max 25 MB/sec over here. so nothing slow about that.
So you can state, the stuff im running switch & router is nothing wrong ( Asus RT-AC66 and 3Com Gigabit switch)

i was hoping someone had the same issue, and give me a point in the right direction Huh

Well..... it still could be the router. As an example. I have a Boxee Box I still use from time to time. I have 2 Netgear identical routers but different versions, V1 and V3.
On V3 the Boxee just won't work. Doesn't matter what I do it just.... won't.... work BUT hook it up to the V1 Router?, works flawless.

It is possible that one of your devices and IPTV just don't like one another and it isn't so far fetched. What you can try on the router is turn NAT off, and disable SIP.... I believe it was called SIP. I'm going totally off memory while i sit here at work lol.

I'd bet dollars to donuts it is a config on the router OR just the router and the IPTV don't play well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[KODI 17 ]Iptv drops connection after 5 minutes0