Release: Mac OS X Statusbar App for XBMC
Any chance you could upload the Xcode Project? I'd be interested mainly in how you have implemented a menubar object, I've thought about doing something like this for a different application ( Legacy system at work )
My Setup:
  • Zotac MAG (with SSD) + 2TB External USB
  • Logitech Harmony One + Random Chinese I/R Receiver
  • XBMC + sabnzbd + sickbeard + couchpotato
This was very helpful: http://cocoatutorial.grapewave.com/2010/...plication/
(2012-03-17, 22:14)lenn1 Wrote: Hi,

i wrote a little statusbar app for Mac OS X . I think a picture is worth a thousand words.

Features:
- Eden only
- Update and clean your video library after you pushed some files over the network or deleted some.
- Reboot, Suspend or Shutdown your System
- Wake on LAN your XBMC if you set it up.

This little app helped me a lot and i think there are some of you who need something like that, too.

Download:

Download XBMC-Statusbar
Quote:Setup:

Click on Preferences and enter your IP and Mac address (optional) from your XBMC.

On your XBMC:
In System/Settings/Network/Services activate Allow programs on this system to control XBMC for localhost access only and Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC for access from other computers as well.

I've no clue about licencing. If there's something wrong just tell me. I just wanted to share.

Sorry for my poor english. I hope you guys like it.

Greetings lenn1.

UPDATE:

Required:
Mac OS 10.5+

UPDATE:

+ 32&64 Bit Support

UPDATE:

+ Reboot Function added
+ smaller Icon option in preferences Menu

Hi there, im needing to be able to "wake on lan" my Mac PowerPC G5 running OS x 10.5.8.

I am running XBMC on the G5 its self as my MC for my TV, i have the XBMC iPhone app and am wanting to suspend the Mac G5, Which does work fine, now i would like to wake it back up but phone says command sent but nothing happens?

So far i downloaded the app and extracted from zip,

then i cant open next file "XBMC-Statusbar.app"

not supported on this system...

regards,
Spliffie
Here are a few things just wrong..

The app is only for the newer generation macs (with intel cpu).

I don't know how you could enable the wol feature. I think its in
Systemsettings - Energy or something like that.

My App doesn't enable a WOL feature on your XBMC machine.
It just sends a wake-on-lan command to wake up a remote computer.(like the iphone app)
Thanks Lenn1, I've been using this on my mac and it's great.

Any chance of an update for Frodo? Play/Stop works but next/prev etc doesn't.

Cheers.
Hi. If there's no longer active development on this, can the Xcode project be posted so others can continue hacking away?
I have multiple XBMCs, it would be nice if this would work with more than one.
(2013-12-24, 22:07)Neumahn Wrote: I have multiple XBMCs, it would be nice if this would work with more than one.

I agree as well... This is a great tool to update my XBMC/KODI Library, it would be nice to update each library as an "Update All" feature at some point or even if there was a new status bar app made for this sole purpose, as well as with "Clean All". I'm trying not to move to a SQL database with my library.
Hi!

Can anyone reupload this app?
Download link isn't working.

Many thanks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/smwx4shuuqt54g...r.zip?dl=0

Changed the logo and name to reflect Kodi as it is now. Swap Kodi-Statusbar.app/Contents/Resources/xbmc-inv.png with Kodi-Statusbar.app/Contents/Resources/xbmc-small.png with xbmc-inv-small if you don't use a dark status bar theme. App behaves weird though nowadays. Pausing/unpausing can crash Kodi sometime.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release: Mac OS X Statusbar App for XBMC2