Upgraded OE Gotham -> Libre Krypton, audio sync at 24fps still broken?
(2017-03-20, 14:52)Blue28stoud Wrote: thanks fore youre help having trouble with video and errors ,buffing freeze, and openload. can you fix lost i am thank you so much

Start a new thread and post a debug log.
(2017-03-20, 09:23)nickr Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 04:12)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 19:04)fritsch Wrote: LE by defaults sets a 250 ms delay via advancedsettings. Carefully check your log and overwrite that.

Hey Fritsch, if there is no advanced settings file doing this then how is it negated other than what I showed in my 1st post that I tried to do to overcome the problem?

Thanks.
There is an "inbuilt" advanced settings file in Open/LibreELEC. It is /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

AFAIK it is overridden by userdata/advancedsettings.xml if they conflict

Ah, this is good info to have. It looks like user advancedsettings.xml is not in /userdata but in /storage/.kodi/userdata or is this not correct?
(2017-03-20, 08:39)FernetMenta Wrote: For clarification. There is no such thing as a built-in delay in Kodi. On my systems I have perfect a/v sync without any needs of tweaking advanced settings. The issue is caused by audio driver and AVR. Maybe there is a missing piece of info how to handle those cases, not sure. What I know is that Linux does not support EEDID, just the old EDID spec. As a result we miss some info the AVR has to tell.

Are you saying the delay in advancedsettings has no effect at all?

Linux not supporting EEDID might explain some of this as I've not seen the problem with other devices hooked up into the same device chain (PS3/PS4 for example).

I do think there is a built in delay as this 175ms specifically for 23.976 content appears to be in the built in advancedsettings.xml

I now need to try to understand why my own created advancedsettings.xml is not having the desired affect to negate the 175ms delay.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
  <showexitbutton>false</showexitbutton>
  <remotedelay>1</remotedelay>
  <cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
  <gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>0</delay>
      <refresh>
        <min>23</min>
        <max>24</max>
        <delay>175</delay>
      </refresh>
    </latency>
  </video>
  <samba>
    <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
  </samba>
</advancedsettings>
So,

cd /storage/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml added to look like below did not fix the problem;

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>0</delay>
      <refresh>
        <min>23</min>
        <max>24</max>
        <delay>0</delay>
      </refresh>
    </latency>
  </video>
  <samba>
  </samba>
</advancedsettings>

Not sure why.

I know that Kodi is off by .175 seconds because when I go into the audio settings during playback (did not know I could do this, found out while stumbling around) if I set the audio delay to .175 the audio is matching the video perfectly.

I'd like a better fix than having to set it in the OSD audio menu but suppose that I can live with it if no other options will work.
(2017-03-21, 00:18)voip-ninja Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 09:23)nickr Wrote:
(2017-03-20, 04:12)voip-ninja Wrote: Hey Fritsch, if there is no advanced settings file doing this then how is it negated other than what I showed in my 1st post that I tried to do to overcome the problem?

Thanks.
There is an "inbuilt" advanced settings file in Open/LibreELEC. It is /usr/share/kodi/system/advancedsettings.xml

AFAIK it is overridden by userdata/advancedsettings.xml if they conflict

Ah, this is good info to have. It looks like user advancedsettings.xml is not in /userdata but in /storage/.kodi/userdata or is this not correct?

You are correct, note that I didn't put a leading / in front of userdata, meaning it is a relative path. As I meant relative to the .kodi directory I should have said ~/.kodi/userdata

In unix/linux ~/ means the user's home directory, which is /storage in libreelec/openelec
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You know it's time for something to dissappear when not even dev people agree whether it's 0ms, 175ms or 250ms delay.

People with faulty hardware can set their own delay for their specific displays. The remaining 99% of us shouldn't have to edit our advancedsettings file just to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place. Please do the sensible thing and remove the stone age workaround Nod

And btw it's not even a real workaround, since you can't just set a delay of 175 or 250ms and expect that to work with every display (that are in need of a custom sound delay) in the world. Plus it's annoying as hell for the rest of us.
(2017-03-21, 00:20)voip-ninja Wrote: I do think there is a built in delay as this 175ms specifically for 23.976 content appears to be in the built in advancedsettings.xml

I now need to try to understand why my own created advancedsettings.xml is not having the desired affect to negate the 175ms delay.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <latency>
      <delay>0</delay>
      <refresh>
        <min>23</min>
        <max>24</max>
        <delay>175</delay>
      </refresh>
    </latency>
  </video>
  <samba>
  </samba>
</advancedsettings>

This may be true for LE but not for Kodi. IMO making an acient work-around the default is wrong. But this is an LE issue and should be discussed in their forums.
Okay I will bring it up in Libre forum. Does anyone have an idea on why setting it in the advanced settings. No as I have done would not work?
Just for kicks.. Did you try setting delay to -175?
And, the ability to register on the Libre Elec forums is down (Captcha human verification appears to be completely busted).

SadSad

Ugh.
(2017-03-21, 17:37)Soli Wrote: Just for kicks.. Did you try setting delay to -175?

I can try this tonight, but from other threads on this it does not appear that applying a negative offset will work, you must set to zero to override what is being done in the default settings file.
Not really.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-03-21, 19:45)fritsch Wrote: Not really.

What do you mean?
I said: What you are saying is wrong.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-03-21, 20:19)fritsch Wrote: I said: What you are saying is wrong.

Okay so you are saying that setting to -175 in the settings file should work in order to "cancel out" what the other settings file entry is doing?

Man, this is a headache. Libre guys need to clean this archaic crap out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgraded OE Gotham -> Libre Krypton, audio sync at 24fps still broken?0