Android - Network sources

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Runningouttanames Offline
OK, my last post was trashed so I'll try and keep this new thread as clean as possible. My apologies if I go astray, it is not intentional.
I have resolved my previous issues of uninstalling and there will be no more mention of addons. So, these are the remaining issues:
1. How do I enforce Network SMB shares to update? Kodi, having lost my network setup for accessing media on my LAN has not completed indexing and I need it to finish. I can see everything I set up, just not from the links on the left-hand side where I previously set them up so everything is there, justnot in the way I originally set it up. I cannot add in existing shares into the links.
2. Is there any way to change the order of the left-hand links so I can set it up to my preference?
find quote
Mnementh Offline
Post a debug log showing you've removed the banned addons and then we can look at helping you

It's not just a case of not mentioning them, there is no way to tell what the code is doing hence the "Clean build or no support" mantra
(This post was last modified: 2017-03-19 23:27 by Mnementh.)
find quote
Are you referring to the Android code or the Kodi code?
find quote
Mnementh Offline
I'm referring to the Addon code
find quote
OK. As I said, I've dropped asking about addons and removed anything that didn't come with the Google Store installation of Kodi, which, I assume, is all above board. So, I'm not asking about the addons, I'm asking about the generic Kodi behaviour of losing the indexing and not knowing how to start it off again. It stopped indexing at some point before it finished and I can't find a way to restart it. The network shares are available through other methods but are not appearing or updating in the Kodi links.

I also asked about the left-side link groupings and how to re-order them. I can see how to remove them, but not how to move them around.

Earlier I mentioned a problem with the absence of surround sound but I don't know at this stage whether it's an OS problem or a Kodi problem.

I hope this abides by your rules.

Thanks
find quote
Mnementh Offline
Still need the debug log.

As you've already mentioned the addons we need to know they've been removed before doing any troubleshooting as we're just wasting our time if they're still there.
find quote
Thanks for the reply.

I'm still learning my way round the current version of Kodi which I'm not used to so as soon as I figure out how to get a log I'll post it.

I haven't looked closely at the new addons because I thought the problem was an uncertain version of Kodi that came with the box. As I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from Google Store I thought that eliminated the issue of dubious addon code, at least that's what the earlier moderator suggested by telling me it was the right thing to do. At present Kodi is a bog standard Google Store download. I did mention that I couldn't install Kodi APK from a USB drive but hopefully when I find the log it may help. Are you saying I need to uninstall all the addons from the Google Store install?
I'll respond again when I find my way to the log.
Cheers
find quote
PatK Offline
Team-Kodi Member
You are networking with a NAS, PC or ? If the install is bog standard and you're attempting to run Krypton, I presume you have met the Android 5+ requirements?
Quote:I couldn't install Kodi APK from a USB drive
Might be you need a bit more familiarity with the software, one step at a time.

windows fresh start -> delete C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi First time user (wiki) Log file (wiki) Video management (wiki) Artwork (wiki) Supported hardware (wiki) Releases (wiki) Database versions (wiki) Skin features compatibility list (wiki) http://xbmc-skins.com
find quote
I'm running 2 NASes and 4 PCs, 2 of these Windows 7, 1 is Linux Mint and 1 is Open Media Vault. It all works impeccably with Kodi on my main PC (yet to be updated to 17). The Android box I believe is Android 6. As for the APK install, I know how to do it; It just kept failing. Maybe the log will tell more. It was a clean download from Kodi website running off a FAT32 formatted USB stick. Windows I'm familiar with, Android I get by.
find quote
Tinwarble Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Which version did you download? You need to download and install the "ARM" version, not the "X86" (unless your box has a Intel SoC) or the "ARMv8A (64bit)", since even though your box my have a 64bit SoC it's probably still running a 32bit version of Android.

(2017-03-20 22:52)Runningouttanames Wrote:  Are you saying I need to uninstall all the addons from the Google Store install?
I'll respond again when I find my way to the log.
Cheers

No, if you install from the Play Store you don't need to do anything since you have the official version, same as if you downloaded and install from the download page.

As for the Debug log (wiki) <<<<follow the link.

[Image: appstore_button_google.png]

find quote
I definitely downloaded the Arm version. I thought it was a 64bit box so grabbed the 64bit Arm but my guess is what you are saying could be right. I must delve further. In an ideal world they would both be 64bit. Anyway it's irrelevant now as Google Store provided what it needed.

So, I can leave Kodi alone and deal with the other issues as it is. That narrows it down. I've got Thursday and Friday off this week which will give me a chance to tackle the log.

OK, what I've done is a factory reset so I can start from scratch and see what is happening one thing at a time. There was some sensitive stuff in the log and it was huge. So, I decided to add TV shows off my network hard drive into the library and went through the motions and started scanning. It did not scan much of what I had. I checked the log which told me that most folders had failed to scan. There were a handful but the icons on the main screen were very limited. I found if I clicked on TV Shows in the left column I could see a list containing everything, but not on the main screen so I wa a bit confused as to why so many failures when I could actually see everything, just not where it was meant to be. The main screen shows Categories, Recently Added etc etc but it is pretty empty.

I would also like to be able to get rid of the icons I don't want, for example I don't want "Year", "In Progress TV Shows" and so on, in fact all I really want on this main page is all my TV Shows. I don't need all these superfluous categories.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 2017-03-24 04:36 by Runningouttanames.)
find quote