TV Show Episodes Not Appearing But Appears In File Browser
Hello! I am new to Kodi and I am having an odd issue with my local library. My issue is that in the TV Shows section I do not see anyone of my TV Shows yet I can see them in the file browser, they can be played, and they have been scanned. When I click TV Shows on Kodi, it shows the TV show's name and meta data. But when I click the show it show there are no episodes. I do notice right of the title of the show I see "0/0". The issue is in the file browser it shows the TV Shows and episodes but it does not in the actual TV shows section. And to the right when you hover over TV Shows it shows the genres but it does not show any of my shows.

This is what I do when I try to view the episodes:

TV Shows
\/
TV Show Name 0/0 (shows tv show metadata and cover art)
\/
... (This is where I should see the episodes)

I am not sure what could be going on. Thanks!
Hello rombertik and welcome to the forums

Well, we are here to help where we can, but you need to help us too.

How about providing some more information like...

1 Kodi Version (16.1, 17)
2 Skin (are you using the one that installed with Kodi, or did you change it to another one)
3 your operating system/hardware
and
4 instead of using the general and very unhelpful TV Shows\TV Show name, give us an example of one of your TV shows and episodes EXACTLY as you have named it.
It sounds like the way you have the files named is the problem...the kodi version/skin/hardware doesn't matter for something like this.

How are your files named?

They need to be

Tv show name (folder)
tv show nameSXXEXX.file format

For example:

Bobs Burgers (folder)
Bobs BurgersS01E01.mp4

Something like that anyway....if your files are named like that everything will work.
Here is some info:
Kodi 17.1-RC1
Default Kodi Skin
Raspberry Pi 3B / OSMC

Here is how I have my shows named:
TV Show: Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Episode: Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - 01 - The Strongest Maid in History, Tohru! (Well, She Is a Dragon)

Its pretty much Title - EP - Episode Title
Yep, it is definitely the way you named your files...

There are 2 problems

Problem 1
Kodi scrapes its data from a site called TheTVDB. Your file names need to exactly match the way it is listed on that site.
You named your show "Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon"
TheTVDB names the show "Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid". See here... http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=318893&lid=7
You need to change the way you named the show to match TheTVDB
----Edit----
After logging into TVDB and browsing around the show, TheTVDB has an alternate name listed - Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, so you can leave the name as is.
You only need to fix Problem 2 below, the numbering

Problem 2
You have incorrectly numbered the episodes.... read paragraph 2.1 here http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
Your episodes should be named Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S01E01.ext
----Edit----
OR Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S01E01.ext
Whatever name you use, make sure it is the same for both the Folder and the Episodes

Hope that helps...
I do not know if this changes anything but I use this as the scrapper: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142835

Should I still use the same naming system?
Yes, still use the same episode numbering system as shown in the wiki.

If it still doesn't scrape you should go to that site and confirm that yours and their tv show names match

Any "specials" that you have belong in S00.
I awe you one! That fixed my problem! Thank you so much!

E̶D̶I̶T̶:̶ ̶N̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶n̶a̶m̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶1̶s̶t̶ ̶e̶p̶i̶s̶o̶d̶e̶

EDIT 2: I am having a hard time separating A and B episodes here is how I have them

Sword Art Online II S01E14A
Sword Art Online II S01E14B

But inside Kodi, they just appear as two of the same episode.
(2017-03-20, 03:16)rombertik Wrote: EDIT: Now that I renamed the whole folder it is only showing the 1st episode

I don't know why that is. I imagine you tried re-scraping and/or calling up the context menu for the episode and selected Refresh?

If you have named all episodes exactly the same as the 1st episode (apart from changing the episode number) it should work

...\Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (folder)
>> Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S01E01.ext
>> Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S01E02.ext
>> Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S01E03.ext
etc

I am not familiar with anidb... maybe they have a peculiarity in their numbering that I am not aware of.
I did manage to fix the listing issue now. My issue is now for A and B part shows

I have the files like this:

Sword Art Online II S01E14A
Sword Art Online II S01E14B

Inside Kodi, they just appear as two of the same episode.

Did I do it wrong?
This is a method I never use. Maybe others might know better than me.

The first thing I would do is head over to the scraping website and see how they handle S01E14 of that show. If there is only one entry there, then both files can only show the same information. It can't show what is not there.

The fact that both entries are showing up indicates that your A and B method is working. Albeit, you were expecting something different.
Hi blossom24,

I'm wondering if you can help me, I have the show The Halcyon and Kodi isn't picking it up correctly when I try and update my library. I could have the files named incorrectly (I'm not at my Kodi box, so I don't have the exact naming convention right now), but you mention going to TVDB.com and viewing the "correct" naming convention. I can find the show there, but no where can I see the naming convention I'm supposed to follow.

Would appreciate your help greatly.

Kind regards.
Hi Yabbie442,

Sure no problems. Glad to help.

By "naming convention" I mean what format you are using to name and number your TV shows and episodes so Kodi can recognise them. For example "Orphan Black S01E01" and "Orphan Black S01E02 - Pilot" are both correct but have a slight difference, so we ask what the naming convention is to make sure you have them named according to the guidelines so Kodi can scrape them. As long as the "Name" (Orphan Black) matches the name at TVDB, and as long as Kodi recognises the episode numbering system (S01E01), then you should get a successful scrape.

I could not find your show at TVDB. Could you find it again and post the link here.
(2017-04-06, 04:42)blossom24 Wrote: Hi Yabbie442,

Sure no problems. Glad to help.

I could not find your show at TVDB. Could you find it again and post the link here.

Hi Again,

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=320451&lid=7
Funny, it wouldn't come up in my search. I must have misspelt it.

I tried it and named it as follows...

The Halcyon S01E01.ext
The Halcyon S01E02.ext
The Halcyon S01E03.ext
etc...

All eight episodes of the show scraped first time ok. Is this how you named it?

Also I just wrote a brief guide to the TVDB to help another person. The link is below. Have a read and it might help you.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2559630 Post #9 & #11

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Episodes Not Appearing But Appears In File Browser0