iOS Info Sharing - Managed to fix KODI crash on startup
Jailbroken iphone running iOS 9.3.3 here.

I had not been able to run KODI successfully. While I could install the .deb file without any issues, KODI just crashed all the time upon startup. I was ready to give up after many unsuccessful attempts to get it to work....

.... until I stumbled across this while was working on another problem with my phone... I noticed the ownership of /private/var/mobile was 'root' and not 'mobile'... !! I am not sure what caused this, may have been a tweak that I installed, really no clue why.

Then I ran this command via SSH and mobile terminal (while logged in as root):

chown -R mobile /private/var/mobile

when it is done, all of a sudden KODI is running perfectly!

So in case anyone else out there has a similar problem, try this suggestion and see if it works for you too.
This worked for me, I too was about to give up myself till I did this. 100% correct. Thanks for sharing.

MOD: any chance of sticky this post, before it get buried in the pile?

node
I think this is covered in the wiki and those owner settings are correct by default. No idea what changed those defaults for you (restoring a backup via scp and user root can cause this). Won't sticky it.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
still not working on my iPad mini 2.

Kodi works fine on my iPhone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Info Sharing - Managed to fix KODI crash on startup0