Linux Is it possible to exceed 192Khz via a USB connexion
Hi all.
I just have bought a TEAC UD-301 DAC to listen music.
It's a DSD (64 and 128) capable.
But it's impossible for me to play a dsd file.
I think there is a downsampling from dsd to PCM 192Khz even if I choose passthrough option...
My DAC is connected via USB.
Is it possible to do that?
Thx!
ALSA sink supports 384 khz maximum, post a Debug Log there we see what your DAC's driver supports.

You can easily try: speaker-test -c2 -r 384000 to see if the device accepts this <- alsa does not support it via speaker-test

So the logfile will tell.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Your device only supports DSD via DoP, which is a hacky and nonstandard of doing it, but has become some sort of "standard" within the world of USB Dacs. DoP will probably never be supported in Kodi unless one of the devs gets donated a USB Dac with DSD capability.
Ok! Thx for your answer.
Is it possible to use a plugin, as for foobar2000 by example?
Maybe it's dead for me...?
Dead for you. But MPD will do it, however I strongly recommend building it from source yourself.
I still would like to see the logfile as we don't enumerate such a device daily :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'll try to install mpd on openelec.
But impossible for me to give you a logfile at this time cause I formated my HTPC and installed Daphile.
It works fine!
But I would like to use Kodi, to play x265 files...!
Wink
As you run OpenELEC - you can post the logfile from there, too
OK.
Can you explain me how to install MPD on openElec?
Thx.
No - I am not the OpenELEC support :-)

Hint: http://openelec.tv/news/20-project/102-n...addon-repo
(2016-01-11, 11:28)fritsch Wrote: I still would like to see the logfile as we don't enumerate such a device daily :-)

still needed? I own the same device (Teac ud 301)
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
Just post your kodi.log
here is the normal kodi.log

http://pastebin.com/c6j3ZmH3
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
Quote:16:20:14.428 T:139900077844864 NOTICE: m_sampleRates : 32000,44100,48000,88200,96000,176400,192000

Nope.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to exceed 192Khz via a USB connexion0