No videos play
I have an old computer that I converted from Wondows XP to Linux Mint 18.1. The only add on I have enabled on mint is restricted extras.

I was having problems with Kodi yesterday so I did fresh start and uninstalled then reinstalled Kodi 17.1. The only add on Kodi is Kodi log file so I could make the report below.

Anytime I try to play a video it says it's 100% loaded then the screen goes black like its playing it but nothing is showing. If I move the mouse it shows as if the video is playing where the timeline is moving but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

The Kodi log file is: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24218431

Hardware is:
Pentium 4 2.80GHz
512 DDR2 (maybe more I forget if I added some)
16:34:19.479 T:2995439680 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.program.indigo has been installed.'

Your device is still infected with banned addons (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I had to get indigo get get fresh start to clean it all out. Any recommendations to get it off. If I reinstalled all of Mint would that fix it?
Both are banned addons (wiki), regardless of why you want them. You don't need any such junk to reset Kodi, and you open yourself to all sorts of other risks, especially from that repo.

All you need to do is located your userdata (wiki) folder, go up a level too the .kodi folder and remove or rename that without Kodi running. Next time you run Kodi it will recreate it and you'll have a clean install.

Reinstalling mint is a target nuclear option but would also work.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I went ahead and reinstalled Mint to give me a fresh start and installed Kodi again however same problem.
It says it's playing the video but there is no video or audio. I tried a MP4 and AVI same problem for both. I was able to play both in the VLC player.

New log file: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24237420

Any help is appreciated.
I'm not a Linux expert, but it looks like a video driver problem. See what options you have to update or change those for your hardware.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No videos play1