Win Intel iGPU and fullscreen/scaling behaviour (wrong none native resolution).
Hi, i just switched from a Nvidia gpu to a integrated Intel GPU setup (Apollo Lake) and i encountered a strange problem. My old plasma TV has a native resolution of 1360x768 and thats what i output via HDMI, which works just fine as long as you don't use fullscreen mode. The moment i try to playback something in fullscreen the resolution on the TV switches to 1920x1080. I can only get the native resolution using fullscreen "windowed" mode? This was not the case with the Nvidia GPU, which always outputted the desktop resolution or what was setup as fullscreen. So intels driver somehow automatically scales/switches the resolution to 1080p, while in KODI i have explicitly setup 1360x768?

So is there a known fix for this strange behavior on intel gpu's?

thx
Andy
Which resolution is selected in Kodi's settings?

PS. Kodi may select only resolution with is reported by a driver (Intel GPU's driver in your case).
(2017-03-21, 14:17)afedchin Wrote: Which resolution is selected in Kodi's settings?

PS. Kodi may select only resolution with is reported by a driver (Intel GPU's driver in your case).

As noted in Kodi 1360x768 is set as fullscreen resolution and the intel driver also by default selects/lists the correct 1360x768 native resolution for the desktop. This strange auto scaling/resolution change only happens in "true" fullscreen mode, this not only happens in Kodi, but also using MadVR + "Fullscreen Exclusive Mode". So any time a player wants to switch to "true" fullscreen mode i get the wrong 1080p mode and 1360x768 in any none fullscreen mode, including fullscreen window mode. The exact same settings worked fine using the nvidia gpu, so intel does something strange. I also tried to disable all "enhancements" i could find in the intel driver panel settings. They have a strange "scaling" option page, different from nVidai/ati options, but none of the scaling mode solved this problem.
If it happens not only in Kodi then it's a driver related issue I think.
Could finally solve this problem via this tool: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Threa...tility-CRU
You need to remove the "extension block" settings via "delete all" and also remove any unwanted resolutions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel iGPU and fullscreen/scaling behaviour (wrong none native resolution).1