Adjust display refresh or Sync playback to display
So I am a bit confused on these 2 options.
So does :

Adjust display refresh rate..actual adjust your TV's refresh to match the file's video frame rate?

Sync playback to display...is this the opposite where you adjust the file's video frame rate to match the TV?

Which option is best for smoother playback or better picture quality?
Should you set them both on?

Also for render method...which is preferred DXVA, Pixel Shaders or Software? so many options Big Grin

Thanks
I use both, sync playback to display won't adjust the file's video rate, it adjusts the audio to match the video. You can safely use both, although the latter disables pass-through audio due to re-sampling.

As for render method, I'd say if you have DXVA as an option then you should use it unless it causes you problems.
DXVA is hardware rendering which is almost always preferable to software solutions.
Selecting adjust display refresh rate only, will cause noticable frame skips about every 150 seconds. Selecting just the other one will give you perfect playback for 23.976 fps content but will make 25 fps content look weird. For 25 fps content I always select both options for judderless playback.
Sync playback to display will only disable pass-through on Kodi version 17. On version 16.1 it doesn't do that, that's why I still use it.
great information, thank you
Get Better Picture Quality

On a Windows 10 HTPC, I've been using this guide. Not sure if its the best way or not but works for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adjust display refresh or Sync playback to display1